Latymer Second Round Results

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Pkaboo

Re: Latymer Second Round Results

Post by Pkaboo »

8th January because that is/was the last day to provide evidence I suppose?

I think the deadline may change though. however, only a handful have intention of moving
exam2019

Post by exam2019 »

Mrsdalloway wrote:Does anyone know if the letter is worded differently for a music place from an academic place? If it says ' X will be offered a place at Latymer under our oversubscription criteria (Looked after children, Exceptional Musical Talent, Special Educational Needs & Disability or Pupil Premium) and academic ability, for entry in September 2021.' does that mean it's a music place or could it be straight academic?
Yes the letters for the promoted places are worded differently. I can't remember the exact wording but it says which criteria has been used to allocate the place - either SEN, PP or music. There is no indication of rank on the letter as overall ranking is not relevant to the oversubscription criteria.
Grammarschools

Post by Grammarschools »

Hope we will know revised ranking from Latymer tomorrow, as out of catchment last date is 8th. Fingers crossed
Claremum

Post by Claremum »

Grammarschools wrote:Hope we will know revised ranking from Latymer tomorrow, as out of catchment last date is 8th. Fingers crossed
I doubt it. They probably have another week or two before they need to submit the ranked list to local authorities.
Pkaboo

Post by Pkaboo »

I thought the school replied they do not provide any further ranking information. Be great if they do. they already know who is in OOC and presume already have a list of who in ranking has or hasn't chosen Latymer. I don't know if they have delayed the deadline date of providing proof of moving IC which will impact ranking
exam2019

Post by exam2019 »

In other years extra insight might be possible but they’re currently occupied with a switch to online learning which seems to be using all spare resource. Very impressed with their systems and home/school comms at the moment.
Stowic

Post by Stowic »

exam2019 wrote:In other years extra insight might be possible but they’re currently occupied with a switch to online learning which seems to be using all spare resource. Very impressed with their systems and home/school comms at the moment.
That's good to hear *exam2019* as I had heard their remote offering wasn't great during the first lockdown. I'm still very unsure whether to go for Latymer which we haven't been able to visit or our local school. The longer the pandemic goes on, the less sure I am about going to a school that has a long commute.
Stowic

Post by Stowic »

Sorry duplicate post
Last edited by Stowic on Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onemoretogo21

Post by onemoretogo21 »

I am also delighted with the communication and online classes at Latymer. My DS has virtual live learning from 8.35 registration until the end of the school day. They are following the school timetable.

Also a 121 withvideo camera session with a member of staff to check in on them to see if ok. Not sure if this is every other week or less often.

When they are at school they can also message / email teachers and they get help with what they need. If they are confused about homework. We are only into term 2 but it is going well. They do seem to have lots of tests/exams and the homework is more than I expected from what I read on the forums. My son can cope with it but it is just as much as he was getting at his independent prep school if not more.

Hopefully this will all continue but it has been a great start considering everything that is going on.
Pkaboo

Post by Pkaboo »

Stowic wrote:
exam2019 wrote:In other years extra insight might be possible but they’re currently occupied with a switch to online learning which seems to be using all spare resource. Very impressed with their systems and home/school comms at the moment.
That's good to hear *exam2019* as I had heard their remote offering wasn't great during the first lockdown. I'm still very unsure whether to go for Latymer which we haven't been able to visit or our local school. The longer the pandemic goes on, the less sure I am about going to a school that has a long commute.
I appreciate what you are saying. I know someone who starting last year at Latymer and it is talking 1.5 hrs a day each way but those who decided to opt for Highgate school have so many options and takes about 15mins.