Latymer Second Round Results

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
zubi11+

Latymer Second Round Results

Post by zubi11+ »

I have a deadline from my council tomorrow for amending the CAF form but still waiting for the Latymer results , Any idea when the results might be out?
tiffinboys

Re: Latymer Second Round Results

Post by tiffinboys »

Does it matter? Why not list schools in order of your actual preferences? Your DD will get the highest one for which she is eligible.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

+1

Would you need to move into catchment if you ranked high enough to have a good chance of a place?

Would it be your first choice?

Just rank your schools in the order you would like your dd to go to them.

In my opinion if your dd can rank 118 at DAO which would give her a total score of around 323/324 then she is very likely to score very highly at Latymer.

In my opinion all 4 of the formats: VR, Maths, Comprehension and Composition were a lot harder at DAO this year then they were at Latymer. I know of a student who did not reach the required 106 to pass the VR first round of DAO yet secured the maximum score of 141 for the VR at Latymer.

If Latymer is your first choice, put it first, if it is your second put it second. I am expecting HBS in the next couple of days but I am not holding my breath for Latymer. DG
pn8572

Post by pn8572 »

<no comments>
Last edited by pn8572 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PP
flojo1234

Post by flojo1234 »

Daogroupie: Thanks for the info. Any idea when HBS results would be out? There is a lack of information whether any results are coming out on their school website. thanks
rajatj

Post by rajatj »

Got a reply from Laytmer today morning on my earlier query about second round results. They said that they can't specify the date but are hoping to send out the results in the next couple of days.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Latymer have now said that results for the second round will be emailed Wednesday which will be in time for the deadline to change preferences in Enfield which is 10th December. It is good to know that at least one set of applicants will have the results in time to make an informed decision.

HBS has not released any information so nobody has any data.

Keep in mind that this is the level of admin that you will have to deal with for 7 years if you choose either of these schools.

An email from Latymer this morning said they were awaiting the results of the top 650 but as they mark the English paper themselves surely this means that they are waiting for themselves? DG
Shnutrux

Post by Shnutrux »

Thanks for the update. Fair point regarding the next 7 years. Proof will be in the pudding...hopefully it will be tomorrow. Seems like an age ago that the likes of QEB released their results (albeit OMR). Good luck
to everyone :)
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The QE exam was almost a month earlier and they did not have 2 rounds.

A better example would be DAO who, as always, underpromised and overdelivered. Promised by the 4th Dec and delivered on the 30th November. DG
Shnutrux

Post by Shnutrux »

Thanks

I was however pointing out the fact that QEB, as the first of the NL state selectives, turned things around incredibly quickly, and finished their dance it seems a long time ago.

While I was not suggesting a need for a better comparison, sure, DAO do deserve to be applauded for good comms. However, the art of ‘under promising and over delivering’ is not new. There are things they could have done better too....but overall, not too shabby at all..esp during difficult times.

Good luck tomorrow to all waiting for Latymer.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now