latymer, catchment area and ranking

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Pkaboo

latymer, catchment area and ranking

Post by Pkaboo »

It seems every year, a blog is started to ascertain the likelihood of moving up the ranks.

We can try do the same by stating the rough position, whether in area and whether likely to accept another school

My DC situation is between 290 and 300, IC and latymer is first choice.

Hoping we will move up the ranks by 100 at least
Shnutrux

Re: latymer, catchment area and ranking

Post by Shnutrux »

Copied a post to this thread. Apologies

Well done to all parents and children. I am hoping the Latymer list/ranks/offers will move as they have done in previous years. For what it’s worth, we are IC, DC ranked in the top 192 and we have not put Latymer first on the CAF. We also know of a few others who are the same. So...Fingers crossed.

Pretty rubbish time for all, with the current climate adding to the stress. I hope next Sept brings new hope for our then new secondary school children - as this year due to lock downs, restrictions and school closures has been hard for them, and their growth as kids. They have done smashing, as have the mums & dads. All the best to everyone on here, stay safe and healthy.
Pkaboo

Post by Pkaboo »

Thanks Shnutrux
buzz888

Post by buzz888 »

Shnutrux - what is your first choice? If you don't mind me asking.
Grammarschools

Post by Grammarschools »

Hi, my son scored 380 for latymer. Looking at their past cutoff rank its with in 330. But noticed few kids with rank around 400 got admission in to school. Is this with just academic ranking? Slightly confused as it does not match with what school says as cut off. With rank 380 any chance for la atymer school admission? Thank you for your help.
Pkaboo

Post by Pkaboo »

380 is the raw ranking. There will be candidates OOC ahead of you which will be dismissed. As in the letter from latymer, historically, children can move up 200 in Ranking. If your child is quite high up than there are fewer OOc ahead of him. People have made request to find out the number of OOc candidates in top 650. I have heard the top 400 got offers in march because OOc were excluded. But can't confirm.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1691034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pkaboo

Post by Pkaboo »

380 would be well within the 330 after reranking last year

Have you chosen other schools ahead of Latymer?
Last edited by Pkaboo on Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grammarschools

Post by Grammarschools »

Thank you, I will follow the thread.
Grammarschools

Post by Grammarschools »

Yes, QEB is our first preference but DS is in 210 to 220 range, not much hope there. Latymer is our second choice. So added latymer as our second preference, will that be a problem? Thanks
Pkaboo

Post by Pkaboo »

Good luck with your choices. I'm sure you'll get somewhere. Choice order doesn't discriminate.if you don't get QE, Latymer becomes 1st choice

The waiting is torture
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now