DAO allocation results 1.3.21

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daogroupie

Re: DAO allocation results 1.3.21

Post by Daogroupie »

DAO is actually a bigger school than QE, Latymer and HBS.

The PAN is 200 compared to 180 at QE (though they have taken 192 every year for the past 5 years), 192 at Latymer and 104 at HBS.

However the above are all 100% selective and DAO has only 65 academic spaces. DG
Qeb2019

Post by Qeb2019 »

Amazingly DAO A level result is as good or even better than Latymer and school seems not to push at all.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Qeb2019 wrote:Amazingly DAO A level result is as good or even better than Latymer and school seems not to push at all.
Not at all wishing to to diss the school, but it would be absolutely amazing, were sixth form, A level course, places guaranteed to all, regardless of achievement at GCSE. How do the year 12 entry requirements compare with those at Latymer and how does A level performance compare with other schools with similar entry requirements for year 12 entry?

Year 12 is a separate point of entry in the state system (even if one of the schools much mentioned on here only weeds out, rather than invites external applicants, at this stage) and schools may (legally) set entry requirements different from those at age 11 in the same institution. The feted Brampton Manor has a sixth form more selective than some schools fully selective at year 7.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

I don't know the Latymer 6th form requirements. I believe they are 6 6s at DAO. There are some individual subject requirements too.
Qeb2019

Post by Qeb2019 »

loobylou wrote:I don't know the Latymer 6th form requirements. I believe they are 6 6s at DAO. There are some individual subject requirements too.
Very true Loobylou. My daughter’s friend could not join Ashmole because she did not meet 7,7 in double science GCSE. DAO just need 6,6.
Qeb2019

Post by Qeb2019 »

ToadMum wrote:
Qeb2019 wrote:Amazingly DAO A level result is as good or even better than Latymer and school seems not to push at all.
Not at all wishing to to diss the school, but it would be absolutely amazing, were sixth form, A level course, places guaranteed to all, regardless of achievement at GCSE. How do the year 12 entry requirements compare with those at Latymer and how does A level performance compare with other schools with similar entry requirements for year 12 entry?

Year 12 is a separate point of entry in the state system (even if one of the schools much mentioned on here only weeds out, rather than invites external applicants, at this stage) and schools may (legally) set entry requirements different from those at age 11 in the same institution. The feted Brampton Manor has a sixth form more selective than some schools fully selective at year 7.
My son is in Latymer now and few nephews went there over past 10 years and hopefully few more will join this year and we love both school equally.
Super

Post by Super »

An email has just landed in my inbox from DAO! Too scared to open it!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Hope it was good news for you. DG
MrsA

Post by MrsA »

Hi, my email says my daughter ranked number 50. So if we put Dame Alice first on our application, will she definitely get her place? Is there always 65 spaces allocated this way or does it change?
Super

Post by Super »

Daogroupie wrote:Hope it was good news for you. DG

Thanks DG. It wasn’t but we still hold some hope for Latymer which was our second choice.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now