DAO allocation results 1.3.21

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Re: DAO allocation results 1.3.21

Post by Daogroupie »

The score from the first round is added to the two scores from the second round, English and Maths and a total score from the three creates the final score. DG
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Daogroupie wrote:The score from the first round is added to the two scores from the second round, English and Maths and a total score from the three creates the final score. DG
Thank you.
Super

Post by Super »

Just seen on DAO website that they are holding open days for parents. Unfortunately they are all booked up! Does anyone know if there are other opportunities to see the school in person? My dd set the second round so is in with a chance (not sure how high!) of getting a place at the school so I’d like to see it just in case.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

I don't think there'll be other opportunities at the moment. It's worth giving them a call and explaining. Lots of people booking will be from year 5. Some might have cancelled (and some won't turn up probably). The reception staff are lovely do it's definitely worth a call to ask if there's a possibility...
Last edited by loobylou on Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super

Post by Super »

Thanks loobylou. I’ve contacted the school and am waiting to hear back.
MrsA

Post by MrsA »

Does anyone know when we are likely to hear from Dame Alice with second round scores? I know they have said no later than 26th October, but I was wondering if they generally release it earlier?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The backup day took place on Wed 6th October.
There were around 15 DC so hopefully they managed to include every DC who missed the original date.
So now there should not be anything standing in the way of marking and ranking all 325 in the second round.
All the papers will be marked by teachers at the school so they are not waiting on an external body as they were with the VR and GL.
They always like to under promise and over deliver. It is 2 weeks today until the 26th October so I shall start half expecting the results in about a weeks time.
I am hopeful they will be out before the start of half term.
I am astonished that the substantial number of dates offered for the tours during the school day sold out so quickly.
This is the first year you have actually had to book, it always used to be just turn up.
The level of interest does seem to have increased, but the numbers actually sitting the academic tests has remained around one thousand for a number of years, while the numbers sitting QE, HBS and Latymer has doubled over the same period.
Clearly the catchment requirement has a big impact but I still would have expected an increase in numbers. DG
Edited by moderator
Desperation

Post by Desperation »

That’s interesting - I wonder why DAO tests have not grown in volume . The limited allocation vs places like Latymer and the lack of maths in the first round have put me off quite a lot, given my DC is brilliant in maths but a bit lacking in English and vocabs- we really only sat this for the music. Many strong maths kids in our school also didn’t really have DAO on their radar

I guess the music ranking will be released together with second round round results, or at least around the same time?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They will be released at the same time.

DAO just doing VR in the first round gives those strong in VR and English but not so much in Maths a chance to get their English and Maths marked.

Strong in VR and English at Latymer will not get you through the first round so you won't have your English marked.

Some very high scorers in DAO VR, including 141, did not make it through to the second round. DG
Desperation

Post by Desperation »

Yes, I can believe it, as spaces are so few, selection is probably the hardest, despite the lower number of pupils attending versus Latymer, QE etc!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now