Negative reviews about Latymer. Is it true?

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

resrtr

Negative reviews about Latymer. Is it true?

Post by resrtr »

Hi all,

One of my friend's son has passed the first round of Latymer.

She is a bit hesitant.about Latymer now as she heard some rumours about drugs.

Any idea if this is true?

Any replies from parents whose kids go to Latymer go to Latymer is highly appreciated.
scary mum

Re: Negative reviews about Latymer. Is it true?

Post by scary mum »

I have no children at this school. However, any school that says it has no drugs problem, is probably like one that says it has no bullying - it's either lying or ignoring the problem.
scary mum
mad?

Post by mad? »

scary mum wrote:I have no children at this school. However, any school that says it has no drugs problem, is probably like one that says it has no bullying - it's either lying or ignoring the problem.
THIS ^^^ totally. Also, you will always find parents with stories about schools, especially ones that DC have qualified for, always ignore them and make cup your own mind. All schools have problems, it is how they deal with them that makes the difference.
mad?
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

As the other posters have said, there will be drugs in every school in London (and the rest of the UK) - comprehensive, grammar, independent...
Schools will hopefully be good at managing any issues that arise at the school due to drugs and I'm sure Latymer would be as good as anywhere else.
resrtr

Post by resrtr »

Appreciate your replies. Any reviews from current parents regarding the school atmosphere?
EUMum

Post by EUMum »

I have a Yr8 at Latymer. Not heard anything and tbh, we looked (and got offers) from Indies in North London, and feel that Latymer is lower risk in that area. However, I'm under no illusion that it doesn't exists, though. The very middle class local comps have a bigger issue with drugs is my impression...
resrtr

Post by resrtr »

Thank you