Latymer lowest rank to secure a place 1st March 2021

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Stowic

Re: Latymer lowest rank to secure a place 1st March 2021

Post by Stowic »

rubythree wrote:Thanks to everyone for the info and good luck to everyone waiting.

Does anyone know what happened next - do the schools offer as places come up or is it a batch of offers before Easter (think I read that before but can’t find the thread now!)

Thank you!
Latymer have said that they expect the LA to establish their waiting list by 18 March. They will work down the waiting list each time they hear of a withdrawal.
rajatj

Post by rajatj »

Thanks for the update Stowic.

I have a query. By 15th Mar i.e. today parents would have accepted or declined the offer. Let's say couple of offers to Latymer school are declined by parents in favour of indies - before 15th Mar. As the last position offered this year in the 1st round was 283 (after taking OOC out), it means that 284 rank is now potentially eligible for the vacated seat.

Now my question - Is the 284 rank first put as No. 1 on the waiting list (that we are expecting to be issued by 18th Mar) and then offered a seat soon after OR is 284 going to be offered the seat immediately and the waiting list is going to be prepared for candidates who can't be offered seats after taking into account 15th Mar acceptances or rejections?
pn8572

Post by pn8572 »

rajatj wrote: Now my question - Is the 284 rank first put as No. 1 on the waiting list (that we are expecting to be issued by 18th Mar) and then offered a seat soon after OR is 284 going to be offered the seat immediately and the waiting list is going to be prepared for candidates who can't be offered seats after taking into account 15th Mar acceptances or rejections?
As I understand, LA will have the list of W/L after round 1, which if what you said is correct, then from 284 onwards. Assume that 10 people rejected the March 1st offer which creates 10 more seats, which should automatically be given to the next 10 in the list by the date on which LA gives next round allocations. I am not sure about your local LA. But for Bucks, the 2nd round results date is April 1st. Your local LA must have given some information about further rounds (if any). If your LA does not have any such arrangements then they might let the applicant as and when a vacancy arises.

But it does not mean that if the next 10 in W/L would be the same list of 10 kids as on March 1st. This is because some kids in the W/L might have told LA that they do not want to be in the W/L of Latymer after round 1 as there might be a change of mind or they might have got into independent schools. In those cases, the one's next will go up in the list.

This is my understanding, it could be wrong - Latymer experts might know well.

All the best.
PP
Stowic

Post by Stowic »

I don't think there is a 2nd round as such. My impression is they just allocate as and when. I'm hopeful that not everyone will have put Latymer as first choice too so as well as some going private in the top 650 (or 350 after OOC removed), you'll also have people who put other schools first like QE Boys or DAO which will help the list move.
rajatj

Post by rajatj »

Thanks, both. My question is specifically for Latymer school waitlist we are expecting soon though. If someone gets a waitlist number of 1, is that after the seats have been allocated post first round declines or would the seat made available from post first round declines start getting allocated to WL1 onwards.

This will help decide the value of the waitlist position. In former situation, a wait list position of say 5 has got lot less chance of securing a place than latter - wherein it is almost a done deal (if you go by the general consensus that around 20 WL positions get cleared).
Claremum

Post by Claremum »

My understanding is that rank 284 would be waitlist position num 1.

This is based on the last year data:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1556753" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stowic

Post by Stowic »

Interesting link, thanks. So first offers went out a bit further last year. We're very borderline.
rajatj

Post by rajatj »

Thanks Claremum. You are probably right.

BTW I tried to reach out to Latymer School on the latest position yesterday and they mentioned that they still have outstanding offers and are waiting for an update from the local authority. Meanwhile, I also checked on Enfield website and found this in the waiting list section on the Transfer to Secondary School 2021 page - "The Latymer School has written directly to all families with a child on their waiting list"

Page link here https://new.enfield.gov.uk/services/chi ... cations/#8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has anyone received waiting list communication so far?
Claremum

Post by Claremum »

I don't think there has been any communication yet. Hopefully, they will notify tomorrow or on Friday.

This message "The Latymer School has written directly to all families with a child on their waiting list" was there when the results came out on 1st March - very misleading!
rubythree

Post by rubythree »

We haven’t heard anything here either
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now