Latymer lowest rank to secure a place 1st March 2021

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rajatj

Re: Latymer lowest rank to secure a place 1st March 2021

Post by rajatj »

Very misleading indeed. Meanwhile I got a response today from school stating that they are currently awaiting 22 responses from parents who have yet to accept or withdraw our offer. They will be chasing these parents up within the next couple of days. They further state that unfortunately, until they have all withdrawals, they cannot determine the waiting list.

I always thought that after 15th Mar deadline, no response meant that you are not interested in a place. Seems like I was wrong and it's school responsibility to get the answers. Strange though!
Claremum

Post by Claremum »

It's fascinating to hear that the school is chasing 22 (!) candidates for an answer when the rule is very clear that they had to respond by 15th March.
Stowic

Post by Stowic »

How annoying. Pretty sure most independents have also had their deadline to confirm offers, so maybe they're waiting for independent waiting lists?

Hope they're all No's!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

At the school level there is no link between the private and state allocation systems.

However at the student level they are very linked.

I know of dc who are holding private school places that they will give up if they get the state school place and vice versa.

I particularly know of student holding places at St Pauls girls who are waiting for HBS places and vice versa. DG
JMdad

Post by JMdad »

Claremum wrote:It's fascinating to hear that the school is chasing 22 (!) candidates for an answer when the rule is very clear that they had to respond by 15th March.
this is something I can answer, coz I was one of those 22 parents, got an email from school today ,remained me to accept the offer digitally, the first email they sent to me went to junk box, this has nothing to do with 15th deadline, that's for LA, this is for school, the deadline for digital acceptance is 22nd.

hope it helps. my daughter ranking moved from 276 to 198 after ooc.
rajatj

Post by rajatj »

Thanks JMdad. That clarifies things. I thought there was only 1 acceptance/ decline needed for the local authority. May be certain schools like Latymer ask for second layer of acceptance. School that we were allocated in the first round never asked for one.
Claremum

Post by Claremum »

We just received an email with the waiting list position.
No mention so far how many candidates declined their offer.

Also, the position number is literally {revised rank - 284}
(It's a bit strange that no ranks got removed at all... or added).
finaljourney

Post by finaljourney »

Clare mum, what do you mean by revised 234? What chance would a child ranked 330-340 stand?
Claremum

Post by Claremum »

Waiting list position = revised rank minus 284

So if they placed 50 children on the waiting list, then rank 334 is probably the last one on the list.
Last edited by Claremum on Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
finaljourney

Post by finaljourney »

Well, well. We have not received any news from the school.