St.Michael's last rank to secure a place on Monday 1st March

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Maura

St.Michael's last rank to secure a place on Monday 1st March

Post by Maura »

We did not get our first choice, St. Michael's catholic grammar school but wanted to know how far down the ranking did they get to on 01/03/21? She was ranked 150.
Daogroupie

Re: St.Michael's last rank to secure a place on Monday 1st M

Post by Daogroupie »

I know of 3 dds who got a place. One came 1st with 4 141s so no use asking her but I will ask the other two what rank they were. DG
Dorotka

Post by Dorotka »

Hi, my dd was 151 and I was told she is number 5 on the waiting list. Have you had any news from St Michael?
Maura

Post by Maura »

I was told that the lowest ranking that was offered on National Offer Day was 147 so I'm not sure why you are number 5 on the waiting list. I haven't heard anything yet.
Dorotka

Post by Dorotka »

I asked the school after the Offer Day and was told our position on the waiting list. Contact them and I'm sure they would be able to confirm. I would imagine your dd would be number 4 on the waiting list.
Maura

Post by Maura »

The school told me that they went up to 147. That was on the 5th March. I would imagine they will contact us this week as I know a few parents who have declined their offer.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Remember 3 things:

- waiting lists must be ranked in oversubscription criteria order
- if a new application is made, or an existing applicant's situation changes, then they have to be placed in their correct position on the waiting list. So, if the girl originally ranked in, say, 10th position on score ranked another school above this one on her CAF and was allocated a place there now asks to be considered for this school instead, she would go.on the waiting list in her correct position (presumably no.1, if only score is considered, but similarly, where other circumstances 'trump' score alone, someone in one of those categories would go in above the first 'score rank only' applicant).
- in re the above - waiting lists are dynamic and an individual's place can change from day to day and relative to others on the list (two new applicants at no.5 and no.11 will push some down one place but others down 2.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Dorotka

Post by Dorotka »

Yes, fingers crossed. Let us know if you hear from the school.
Maura

Post by Maura »

Hi,

We have been offered a place :D . I just received the email...
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Maura wrote:Hi,

We have been offered a place :D . I just received the email...
Congratulations :).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now