HBS results March 21

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

HBS results March 21

Post by Daogroupie »

The dds who ranked First, Second, Fifth, Seventh and Eighth either did not apply at all or ranked another school higher.

That is 50% of the top ten ranks.

I know one of them is going to DAO but wonder what school the others chose. DG
Enfparents

Re: HBS results March 21

Post by Enfparents »

Daogroupie wrote:The dds who ranked First, Second, Fifth, Seventh and Eighth either did not apply at all or ranked another school higher.

Is there a FOI request giving this info? (if so would be interesting to see it, if you have a link). The school itself makes a point of not revealing ranking info to candidates, so would be intrigued as to how (for example) the one you know is attending DAO found out their position in the HBS exam. Thanks.
sss123sss

Post by sss123sss »

I've asked HBS to reveal the results of my DD as she got the place in another school. There is no response from school yet.

Are they providing the results?
Poppyart

Post by Poppyart »

sss123sss wrote:I've asked HBS to reveal the results of my DD as she got the place in another school. There is no response from school yet.

Are they providing the results?

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can go and have a look to the above link. It’s only the first part of the postcode provided though
squareofthewicket

Post by squareofthewicket »

Daogroupie wrote:The dds who ranked First, Second, Fifth, Seventh and Eighth either did not apply at all or ranked another school higher.

Maybe the girls are not local to HBS and chose a school closer to where they live. To me your message tone indicates a surprise!!!

Just because the girls ranked higher in the HBS exams does not mean that they will take up the offered place. Every year, some don't - that is how girls on the waitlist get offered a place.

There are some who prefer Indies, some others will take up TGS offer as it is closer to their home and others take up an offer from the Sutton schools because it is a short journey.
Poppyart

Post by Poppyart »

There are girls from places like Greenwich, Brentford and Richmond in top 10 who didn’t put HBS as their first choice probably because it’s too far away.
nyr

Post by nyr »

Poppyart wrote:There are girls from places like Greenwich, Brentford and Richmond in top 10 who didn’t put HBS as their first choice probably because it’s too far away.
Surprisingly someone from Cambridge has accepted a place. I hope it works well for them, though I guess they could be holding 2 places in different systems.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

nyr wrote:
Poppyart wrote:There are girls from places like Greenwich, Brentford and Richmond in top 10 who didn’t put HBS as their first choice probably because it’s too far away.
Surprisingly someone from Cambridge has accepted a place. I hope it works well for them, though I guess they could be holding 2 places in different systems.
They may be holding a place at an independent school but shouldn't have another state school
nyr

Post by nyr »

Yes, that's what I meant by 2 different systems. Independent and state.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Non stop train service to Kings Cross, probably a lot quicker than 26 stops on the tube or a long bus journey choked with traffic! DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now