DAO exam - mathematics

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Unlucky Luke

DAO exam - mathematics

Post by Unlucky Luke »

Hello to all,

We are new to the forum. My daughter will be trying her luck for DAO this year. We purchased paper packs available on the school website and she is scoring around 90% on maths and finishes a paper in around 30 minutes out of 60 minutes allocated. Is this the level to be expected in the exam or is the actual exam much harder? How was the exam this/last year? Thank you
Tarajisifa

Re: DAO exam - mathematics

Post by Tarajisifa »

Hello, well done to her. The past papers they sell are quite old, unless it has changed this year. I would say the Maths is now harder. . .or should I say trickier. I think last year majority of the questions were problem questions. . .sentences. Not just straightforward figures to work out. All the best!
Miracleshappen

Post by Miracleshappen »

My DC did the exam last year and found the exam papers to be nothing like the practice paper, as the real thing was much more challenging. Don't think the exam papers we bought were helpful for us, so I would advise you to keep on working on a range of papers and questions to get your DC confident in tackling all types of maths questions. Good luck.
Unlucky Luke

Post by Unlucky Luke »

This is very helpful. That was my suspicion, thank you very much for confirming.