QE boys 2020 results visualization

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sonjyot

Re: QE boys 2020 results visualization

Post by sonjyot »

Bull_r great work and well analysed research. My son gave exam in 2020 and going to QE this year. He is naturally bright kinds and was always completing maths before time. The tip that worked for him was, why he should complete paper in 20 mins when 40 mins given and for the first time he did working even for simple questions finished in time. He got good score in both subjects and for English I would suggest alert, focus and time keeping is a key. We did all what other parent suggested here including free atom learning in end of August. For English Galore park books at last mins were helpful and nearer to the actual paper. Good luck!
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

bull_r wrote:
jazbaati99 wrote:Can I please ask what publisher is AE? is it an acronym?

Many thanks
Hi jazbaati99,

AE is a Publisher ‏ : ‎ Accelerated Education Publications Ltd.
You can search "11+ Maths Year 5-7 Testpack A Papers 9-12: Numerical Reasoning GL Assessment Style Practice Papers" in Amazon. There are a several test packs available.
Many thanks indeed. Much appreciated.
bull_r

Post by bull_r »

sonjyot wrote:Bull_r great work and well analysed research. My son gave exam in 2020 and going to QE this year. He is naturally bright kinds and was always completing maths before time. The tip that worked for him was, why he should complete paper in 20 mins when 40 mins given and for the first time he did working even for simple questions finished in time. He got good score in both subjects and for English I would suggest alert, focus and time keeping is a key. We did all what other parent suggested here including free atom learning in end of August. For English Galore park books at last mins were helpful and nearer to the actual paper. Good luck!
sonjyot,

Thanks a lot for your great tips and suggestions! And congratulate you and your son's success!
I will pick up the Galore park books, that is something that I miss.
I got the impression that the real English is difficult and also under very limited time. I guess shorten the expected time to finish the materials will be very useful during preparation. But I am not sure I can really push my son to finish a 40 mins paper in 20+ mins for Maths. Woh! That's really very very tough.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Actually the advice being given is to slow down, not speed up in Maths.

It was the boys that overconfidently rushed through that ended up paying the price for that. DG
bull_r

Post by bull_r »

Daogroupie wrote:Actually the advice being given is to slow down, not speed up in Maths.

It was the boys that overconfidently rushed through that ended up paying the price for that. DG
Daogroupie, thanks a lot! My bad, I misunderstood sonjyot's suggestion - I am the one who is rushing here :lol:
Doing steadily and showing all the working steps in Maths is indeed a very good way to expose where exactly if an error is made. I will definitely try this.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now