Hbs second round results and discussion

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

HBS second round very organised today, just 2 sessions

Post by Daogroupie »

Only 300 girls so only two sessions required, one morning, one afternoon.
The am session was 930am to 1215pm and the pm session is 145pm to 430pm.
Just two rooms being used, Bigwood Hall and the Main Hall.
All very calm and well organised.
There will be a substantial overlap with the girls who sat the DAO second round on Saturday. DG
fiate2000

Re: Hbs second round results and discussion

Post by fiate2000 »

Apparently, there were around 50 children in the Bigwood Hall and around 40 in the Main Hall for the morning session today (1-Oct 0930). If similar number of DD appeared in afternoon session, the total would be much less than 300. Are there any more sessions next week?
ExamTime

Post by ExamTime »

My dd said in Bigwood this morning there were 70 desks, but only 66 turned up - the traffic was particularly bad on the North Circular, so maybe some dds got caught up in that or need another date for Covid reasons
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

I think it also clashed with Tiffin Girls stage 1.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Yes it did.

At first HBS refused to address this but had a change of heart.

Possibly because there were a number of the 300 impacted by this and they did not want to lose them.

So they have been given a backup date.

DG
fiate2000

Post by fiate2000 »

Daogroupie wrote:Yes it did.

At first HBS refused to address this but had a change of heart.

Possibly because there were a number of the 300 impacted by this and they did not want to lose them.

So they have been given a backup date.

DG
That explains the low turn out yesterday. Thanks.
MrsA

Post by MrsA »

Hi All,

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering if anyone knows how much movement there is on the Henrietta Barnett waiting list between the national offer day in march, and the start of school in September?

I know Henrietta Barnett don't give ranking but is there any way of knowing which position/rank was given the last place in March, and how far down the list they went by September?

Thanks in advance.
sanshetty

Post by sanshetty »

Hi All, My question is a bit more basic. When are the Henrietta Barnet test results declared for us to know whether our DDs made it or whether there is some uncertainty. I was given to understand that all grammar schools declare results by end October. But that might not be the case given that we will be specifying our preferences in the CAF forms from the council.

Will we need to wait till the 'National Offers day' in March to know for sure? Thanks
pn8572

Post by pn8572 »

Will we need to wait till the 'National Offers day' in March to know for sure? Thanks
Yes, unfortunately in the case of HBS. I think on March 1st you will know if DD is selected if not the position in W/L. (assuming that HBS is in your CAF)
PP
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

sanshetty wrote:Hi All, My question is a bit more basic. When are the Henrietta Barnet test results declared for us to know whether our DDs made it or whether there is some uncertainty. I was given to understand that all grammar schools declare results by end October. But that might not be the case given that we will be specifying our preferences in the CAF forms from the council.

The schools are required to let you know whether or not your child is qualified to apply for a grammar before the CAF deadline, and all the children invited to stage 2 are qualified.

The stage 2 exams are used for ranking, not qualification, so there's no obligation to release results of stage 2 before the CAF deadline. You won't find out where you are in the ranking order until offer day on 1 March.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now