QE BOYS yesterday

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

QE BOYS yesterday

Post by Daogroupie »

Nothing at all about content of course but two other points:

Firstly they seemed to have miscalculated on time as parents were asked to collect by 1045am but session did not end until around 1115am.

Secondly there seems to be only 4 sessions: 830am and 115pm both days.

Last year it took 4 days to complete. I understand they could not have as many in a session last year but still only 4 sessions seems surprising. Perhaps there has been a drop in applications.

Poor old Latymer ended up with 4 days and the session on Tuesday 14th Sept which was the day for those who had clashes with SW Herts and HBS was very full. Estimated over 100 as it was just one session.

One difference being that QE refused to consider any swops for any reason. Two families I know of offered to do their own swop but QE refused point blank.

Many who are prepared to move and so wanted to sit both Bexley and QE were unable to do so.

Kudos to Latymer who offered the alternative slot of 14th September to every single family who had a clash 3rd, 4th or 5th Sept which was why the 14th Sept slot was so full.

DG

I have moved your post from Gloucestershire to Herts/North London where it might be of more relevance - Moderator

Sorry, did not mean to do that. Very busy there at the moment! DG
Last edited by Daogroupie on Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BGGSM

Re: QE BOYS yesterday

Post by BGGSM »

From my estimations, there must have been about 750 boys at the 8:30am session yesterday. If the same number appeared for each of the remaining 3 sessions, that would mean c. 3000 boys in total - not uncharacteristic for QE.
Daogroupie

Re: QE BOYS yesterday

Post by Daogroupie »

Yes that would work if there were 750 at each. DG