QE BOYS back up date today

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nyr

Re: QE BOYS back up date today

Post by nyr »

Doesn't surprise me. Candidates come from far and wide, with the top students having many options, including financial incentives from the independents.
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

I did a similar exercise with the results of 2017 test. 234 boys got the pass marks of 234 and 42 of them (17.9%) didn't put QE as a first choice. My assumption was more people may want to go the state route due to the covid uncertainty but apparently they didn't.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

This is why they do not rank the places as they do not want parents to be aware of this fact.

The perception is that many parents are very keen to secure places at QE and HBS but the data does not support this.

4 out of the top 10 ranked DC at HBS last year turned it down. DG

Edited by moderator
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

jazbaati99 wrote:I did a similar exercise with the results of 2017 test. 234 boys got the pass marks of 234 and 42 of them (17.9%) didn't put QE as a first choice. My assumption was more people may want to go the state route due to the covid uncertainty but apparently they didn't.
After waiting list movement, the last rank to get into QE has always (at least, in the last 5 years) been in the low-mid 300s.
As nyr said, its a reflection of having no catchment.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Please post on https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 71&t=62530" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;