Latymer 2022 entry - Results thread

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

exam2019

Latymer 2022 entry - Results thread

Post by exam2019 »

The wait is killing me.
I'm assuming that the Round 1 results will be out around 1st October and Round 2 a couple of weeks after.
We are not expecting a great result but still hopeful.
Anyone else want to share the wait and the results here?
Super

Re: Latymer 2022 entry - Results thread

Post by Super »

Ditto. The wait is killing me too. I have no idea of timings other than what it says on their website which is sometime before 31st October! Do you know if we get the results via email? Is it still a two stage process, so one letter followed by another if English paper has been marked?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Everything is sent via email.

You will get your first round result which will consist of two scores, one for VR and one for Maths.

If you are ranked in the top 650 your English will be marked and then you will be notified of your second round result.

Both results will arrive before the CAF is due in on October 31st. DG
Super

Post by Super »

Thanks. Hopefully not long to go until we hear about the first stage results.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Now that DAO and HBS have both sent out their first round results the pressure is on Latymer to do likewise.

All 3 arrived on the same day a few years ago, now that really was chaos! DG
exam2019

Post by exam2019 »

I heard someone else who thought Round 1 would be out tomorrow but I suspect that is a bit early...

It would be somehow easier if our local school open evenings had started so that there was a distraction!

We did go to see an indie last weekend which was lovely but didn't bowl us over.
DD refused to sit the Woodford Test even after being awarded 25% extra time 2 weeks before the test (we'd decided not to sit initially because CEM is not a good fit for a child with dyslexia) because the school didn't have much on their website and had no open day this year.
Instead she is very keen on a local girls' school so I'm hoping we like that better

What different options are you looking at @Super?
Super

Post by Super »

@exam2019, we are trying for DAO also. DD is through to the second round which she will sit tomorrow, but I’m under no illusions as to how difficult it will be to get into this school. If neither Latymer or DAO work out, we have a very good local comp. indies aren’t an option for us.

I know what you mean about needing a distraction from the waiting game!

Will post on here with first round results when they are out. It would be great if it were today but I read somewhere they are usually out around first Tuesday in October but that seems a bit slow to me!
schlumpf

Post by schlumpf »

I just scrolled back to the 2019 threads (as the latest year without disruption). In that year, the first round results came on 1 Oct and second round on 17 Oct.

In 2018 it was 2 and 16 October.

Trying to keep distracted until then… :?
exam2019

Post by exam2019 »

Thanks @schlumpf

@Super how did your dc get on with DAO?
Super

Post by Super »

@exam2019 not too well I’m afraid. English was fine but ran out of time and missed a large chunk of maths questions. Not feeling very hopeful :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now