Latymer Oct 2021 results and discussion

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rala

Re: Latymer Oct 2021 results and discussion

Post by rala »

I know this thread is for results, if someone can please advise if an SIF is required for Latymer. I was trying to submit for in my LEA and it said an SIF is required and I couldn't find it on Latymer website. Any pointers would be much helpful. Thankyou
rala

Post by rala »

Please ignore my query re SIF, Admissions team have just confirmed that what I filled in for registration is indeed an SIF form
ggreat

Post by ggreat »

Can I ask how the school balance up the qty of boy and girl? if school recruit same qty of boy and girl, does it mean they rank boy with boy and girl with girl?

Many thanks.
mad?

Post by mad? »

They don't. Gender is not taken into account.
mad?
ggreat

Post by ggreat »

what if the qty of girls with high score much more than boys? they will take all girls? at age 11, I think girl is more able to get high score than boy, right?
mad?

Post by mad? »

ggreat wrote: I think girl is more able to get high score than boy, right?
not necessarily.
Either way, they rank the DC without gender bias, the mix of the final intake depends on where parents rank the school, if indeed they do, and whether the DC qualify for a higher choice, if they have one, as well as scores of course.
mad?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

We have a law against this.

The sex discrimination act prohibits anyone from making decisions based on gender.

Admissions is first past the post.

The 192 places will be allocated to the 192 highest ranked students (with the exception of pupil premium and music) not taking gender into account.

It would be great if either DAO or Latymer released their second round results tomorrow.

If not at least we have SW Herts on Wed. DG
mad?

Post by mad? »

Daogroupie wrote: The sex discrimination act prohibits anyone from making decisions based on gender.
Actually it's the Equality Act and school admissions has partial exemption in the case of religious and single sex schools (see page 12). However, DG is correct, as I pointed out above, a coed school cannot rank applicants based on gender.
mad?
ggreat

Post by ggreat »

Many thanks mad? and Daogroupie!
allypallymummy

Post by allypallymummy »

Hi, wondering if anyone knows if the notification of a music place following audition come at the same time as the results of the academic tests, or if it is a separate letter from the music department? thanks!