Latymer Oct 2021 results and discussion

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Qeb2019

Re: Latymer Oct 2021 results and discussion

Post by Qeb2019 »

Super wrote:Thanks DG. I can see the attraction for the school although I think a ranking is kinder to parents so they can gauge their chances.
School will tell about ranking in final and it is whole picture than now, just matter of 3 more weeks however it is brilliant school so it is worth waiting.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They will not give ranking for the top 192 in the second round results as they did not last year.
They are making it more difficult. I know of parents who moved into catchment based on the first round results and knowing that the English score would be good.
That would be impossible to do this year.
Scores to be in the top 650 this year appear to be slightly higher.
Last year the score of 106 Maths 110 VR total 216 was ranked 619.
This year the score of 104 Maths 113 VR total 217 was ranked 674, so no place in second round. DG
Henaa

Post by Henaa »

What is the total marks for each paper ?
Desperation

Post by Desperation »

Daogroupie wrote:They will not give ranking for the top 192 in the second round results as they did not last year.
They are making it more difficult. I know of parents who moved into catchment based on the first round results and knowing that the English score would be good.
That would be impossible to do this year.
Scores to be in the top 650 this year appear to be slightly higher.
Last year the score of 106 Maths 110 VR total 216 was ranked 619.
This year the score of 104 Maths 113 VR total 217 was ranked 674, so no place in second round. DG
This is very interesting, thanks! - will this result in smaller % of people moving into catchment?
Also, are you referring to this year as the current cohort that sat the test last September or last cohort that started year 7 in September ?
Qeb2019

Post by Qeb2019 »

I think less than 10 kids will move in. If more out catchment area kids pass first round and won’t move in, the chance for inner will be very good. Last year mid 5xx got through waiting list maybe this year will be the same. Top 400 will be safe, above that is on the edge.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Well I know 4 so there is likely to be more than 10.

Total possible score is 141 for each subject.

Rank 570 was offered a place in June so it will have gone beyond that.

When I talk about this year I mean those who would start the school in Sept 22. DG
miso

Post by miso »

Daogroupie wrote:Miso,

Latymer is non catchment for the exam but becomes catchment for allocating places.

Second rank results will be sent, but then all families who are not in the catchment area and do not move into it by 7 Jan 22 will be removed from the ranking before the 192 places are allocated.

So then you can apply to find out your third ranking which is only those in catchment. DG
thank you for your explanation. in short, Latymer is a catchment school.
exam2019

Post by exam2019 »

Jameslondon wrote:Dear members

Can anybody share the Latymers inner catchment area map (not the post codes), if possible.

Thank you
You probably have to make your own one up but here's a link to the postcode map - the catchment is enormous:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... btzUiw-BjA
Qeb2019

Post by Qeb2019 »

Thank you very much Daogroupie.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

miso wrote:
Daogroupie wrote:Miso,

Latymer is non catchment for the exam but becomes catchment for allocating places.

Second rank results will be sent, but then all families who are not in the catchment area and do not move into it by 7 Jan 22 will be removed from the ranking before the 192 places are allocated.

So then you can apply to find out your third ranking which is only those in catchment. DG
thank you for your explanation. in short, Latymer is a catchment school.
It is perfectly legal for even grammar schools to set an admissions policy which does not contravene the School Admissions Code but still limits the geographical spread of its intake. (Unfortunately) if you have some time on your hands, the ways in which in the past few years, Latymer has attempted instead to manipulate its intake by means not exactly not in contravention of the Code are quite well documented in previous threads :shock:.

(Looking at its Wikipedia entry, it may be said to have form:

In 1967 the school switched to a comprehensive intake as a result of Circular 10/65, a request from the Labour government to local education authorities to plan for conversion to a fully comprehensive education system. However, a certain amount of informal selection still took place in liaison with local primary schools.

Upon the back of such, were the School Standards and FrameworkAct and the School Admissions Code brought into being...).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now