Latymer Oct 2021 results and discussion

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JMdad

Re: Latymer Oct 2021 results and discussion

Post by JMdad »

got the email. saying DC's ranking is between 1 and 192. no scores given.

good luck to everyone.
JMdad

Post by JMdad »

Super wrote:
Desperation wrote:
engmum21 wrote:DS got a rank of 415 in Latymer , we are in the catchment.
What are the chances?
I think a very good chance, last year 570 got in!
Desperation....the letter I got said that last year the last ranking to get a place in September was 330. Is the 570 figure before OOC places have been removed?
I believe these are rankings in two system, 330 is September is after OOC, 570 got an offer was originally ranking with all OOC kids.
RT123

Post by RT123 »

My DD is 1-192 and we are in the inner area. Does this mean she is guaranteed an offer on March 1st if we name Latymer as first choice on the CAF?
allypallymummy

Post by allypallymummy »

Do we have to attach the letter to the CAF as evidence? Or just put Latymer first on the list?
Claremum

Post by Claremum »

I think a very good chance, last year 570 got in!
Desperation....the letter I got said that last year the last ranking to get a place in September was 330. Is the 570 figure before OOC places have been removed?
I believe these are rankings in two system, 330 is September is after OOC, 570 got an offer was originally ranking with all OOC kids.
Yes, in January you can inquire about your revised rank after the OOCs are removed and other changes take place (i.e. music places and EHCP students promoted) . Please note that 570 did NOT get a place this September. It was around 520.

I know for sure because my DS was 528 (333 revised) and he didn't get a place. There were 12 children with rank 528 so some of them must have received a place (we're fairly far from the school).
dm1

Post by dm1 »

We have received the offer of a place (based on Music (after audition) and Academic) but no rank has been given.

Assume this means the ranking was within 192 and the music box was ticked?
Qeb2019

Post by Qeb2019 »

My niece scored high enough for Woodford county and she lives in Redbridge. Her rank for Latymer is 280, what is her chance if her mum moves inside catchment area before January? Is E17 postcode inside catchment area for Woodford and Latymer? Her first choice is Latymer and her parents are ready to move as they rent.

Thank you very much.
Desperation

Post by Desperation »

dm1 wrote:We have received the offer of a place (based on Music (after audition) and Academic) but no rank has been given.

Assume this means the ranking was within 192 and the music box was ticked?
Same as us. I think that’s what it means, I don’t fully understand how music and academic get counted together to create a ranking. Congratulations, anyway!
Smalltownhipster

Post by Smalltownhipster »

Hi all. Just got our ranking and disappointingly it’s 600
How many applicants do we think are out of catchment?

We have easily got into Woodford, but Latymer is our preference.
So if we put down Latymer as our first choice school, will it affect our chances of being offered Woodford as a backup?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

dm1,
You have NOT received an offer of a place because you have not yet applied but great news that you have that opportunity.
Make sure you put Latymer first if you this would be your first choice.
Smalltownhipster, put Latymer first if you want to, it will not impact your chances of being offered Woodford.

DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now