Latymer Oct 2021 results and discussion

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Qeb2019

Re: Latymer Oct 2021 results and discussion

Post by Qeb2019 »

MrsA wrote:Does anybody know when we can expect to hear from Latymers with second round results? I know they gave a date for some time in the half term, but I wondered if they are likely to give scores earlier than this.

Thanks in advance.
Every thing Latymer is brilliant except sending out the results: late and no date at all. Hope it just before the dead line 30/10 as school stated on the letter.
Desperation

Post by Desperation »

Wouldn’t half term affect results’ release?

I though schools would be closed during that week and would strive to get them out by the 22nd. Or is that wishful thinking ?
Qeb2019

Post by Qeb2019 »

Desperation wrote:Wouldn’t half term affect results’ release?

I though schools would be closed during that week and would strive to get them out by the 22nd. Or is that wishful thinking ?
Teachers need to mark 650 English papers and restandardise scores so a lot of work and I guess result won’t be out before half term.
Desperation

Post by Desperation »

True but do they work during half term? If they have to issue results by 31st October , they would work half term if the don’t make it by the 22nd

That’s the reasoning I’m seeing in other forums :)

The wait is excruciating…
Super

Post by Super »

I am hoping for around the 19th in line with other years, give or take a few days.

Agree the waiting is agonising although the wait could go on if we are in a waiting list scenario.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They do not need to work during half term. They could have started marking the English papers of the really top scorers some time ago. Marking and ranking can be done separately, it is not the same job.
They could not finalise the first round until after the big back up date on September 14th but they certainly could have made a start on the others.
As the 31st October falls on a Sunday this year they really need to release before half term on the 22nd October.
The Winter term is a long, hard term and the staff deserve their break.
I will be surprised if DAO does not release before the 23rd but they only have 325, half the amount.
As for HBS, they did not even bother to release second round results at all last year, so will probably do the same this year.
Mill Hill County just released yesterday, 4 days early and SW Herts is due this time next week.
Who will be the last? DAO or Latymer? DG

DG
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

Desperation wrote:True but do they work during half term? If they have to issue results by 31st October , they would work half term if the don’t make it by the 22nd

That’s the reasoning I’m seeing in other forums :)

The wait is excruciating…
Most support and admin staff in schools don't have half term holiday off so I wouldn't depend on getting the results early.
Qeb2019

Post by Qeb2019 »

My daughter got accepted by Bramton, LAE Stratford and NCS so I know their criteria very well.
Desperation

Post by Desperation »

I don’t think they will drag on through half term, Daogroupie reasoning seems the most plausible. I’ll put my bets on 20th for DAO and 22nd for Latymer ;)

Yes the waiting list scenario can drag to summer and beyond, I know! Very likely that if we have a chance, it will be in that grey area, as my DC has never scored top in all the home tests… he has much better chances for a music place to be honest.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I hope not the 20th for DAO as SW Herts are coming out then.

21st would be lovely! DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now