Latymer Oct 2021 results and discussion

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sooky2

Re: Latymer Oct 2021 results and discussion

Post by sooky2 »

Qeb2019 wrote:My niece scored high enough for Woodford county and she lives in Redbridge. Her rank for Latymer is 280, what is her chance if her mum moves inside catchment area before January? Is E17 postcode inside catchment area for Woodford and Latymer? Her first choice is Latymer and her parents are ready to move as they rent.

Thank you very much.
Very high chances. once OOC are removed she will be in top 192. If they move to E17 def put Latymer first.
Qeb2019

Post by Qeb2019 »

sooky2 wrote:
Qeb2019 wrote:My niece scored high enough for Woodford county and she lives in Redbridge. Her rank for Latymer is 280, what is her chance if her mum moves inside catchment area before January? Is E17 postcode inside catchment area for Woodford and Latymer? Her first choice is Latymer and her parents are ready to move as they rent.

Thank you very much.
Very high chances. once OOC are removed she will be in top 192. If they move to E17 def put Latymer first.
Thank you very much.
pn8572

Post by pn8572 »

RT123 wrote:My DD is 1-192 and we are in the inner area. Does this mean she is guaranteed an offer on March 1st if we name Latymer as first choice on the CAF?
Yes. That should be a guaranteed position. Congratulations :-)
PP
RT123

Post by RT123 »

pn8572 wrote:
RT123 wrote:My DD is 1-192 and we are in the inner area. Does this mean she is guaranteed an offer on March 1st if we name Latymer as first choice on the CAF?
Yes. That should be a guaranteed position. Congratulations :-)
Thank you, that’s a relief!! :D
pn8572

Post by pn8572 »

Just for those worried parents - One of my friend's DD is on top 1-192 (OOC) But She got in St.Michael. They are not planning to move and Latymer will not be in their CAF. Hope someone gets the benefit. All the best
PP
ChloeN16

Post by ChloeN16 »

Hi

Please advise! My daughter has been given a ranking of 391 in the letter we got last night. So should I put Latymer first on our list of secondary schools? Latymer is our first choice.

And if she doesn’t get in to Latymer on 1 March offer date will that mean she won’t get offered our second choice of clapton girls? It’s an excellent Hackney state school which we are in catchment for.

I wondered if we put clapton down as first as insurance and then if Latymer offer comes through we can pull out of clapton? Or by not putting Latymer first does that mean she won’t get offered a place even if she does move up the ranking into the 192 cohort?

Thanks for any advice
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Put Latymer first if it is your first choice.

If you are on the waiting list for Latymer you will be offered your second choice school if you qualify for a place.

If a place for you comes up at Latymer you will be offered the place as you are on the waiting list and it is your higher preference school than your second choice. DG
ChloeN16

Post by ChloeN16 »

Daogroupie wrote:Put Latymer first if it is your first choice.

If you are on the waiting list for Latymer you will be offered your second choice school if you qualify for a place.

If a place for you comes up at Latymer you will be offered the place as you are on the waiting list and it is your higher preference school than your second choice. DG
Thanks DG for such a quick reply, very helpful.
allypallymummy

Post by allypallymummy »

When we fill in the CAF, do we need to attach the letter from Latymer? Or literally just put Latymer at the top and the rest is automatic?
thanks!
pn8572

Post by pn8572 »

allypallymummy wrote:When we fill in the CAF, do we need to attach the letter from Latymer? Or literally just put Latymer at the top and the rest is automatic?
thanks!
Just mention Latymer 1st. Council and School will sort it out. All the best.
Last edited by pn8572 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PP
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now