QE results & discussion Oct 2021

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
liang65

Re: QE results & discussion Oct 2021

Post by liang65 »

rala wrote:@suave_redevil , did you the school disclose what was the lowest score to secure a place in Sept'21?
From my POV, that is not important and there are too many variables (actual numbers(among those above 229) applying for the school place, how many extra they add on top of 180).
So if you DS score is above 229, just put it on your CAF (of course follow the order in your preference). Data for 2021 test(2022 entry) will not come out before 1st March. There is no way to guarantee anything about the cut off score.
TensedParent

Post by TensedParent »

Does anyone know how many people did the school invite for school visit in 2019? Given they invited everyone above 220 and the last offer was for 232 , am wondering if they invited more numbers for the visit than this year ( which is 300 ) ?
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

The school previously invited all parents with DS securing greater than 220 however the number of slots on these tours were always limited. The tour used to fill up quite quickly so IMO there never was 550 invitations that are now limited to 300. This time around the school made the tours more realistic by limiting the cut off to 229. Personally I will not read too much into this change and will certainly not want to reach the conclusion that the cut off will jump by 9 points. As previously said, no one can predict how things will pan out for this cohort however personally I would imagine the results will be quite similar to results of last year (2021 entry).
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The best indicator for lowest score to gain a place on 1st March 22 and then Sept 22 is what happened last year.
We know on 1st March it was 235, but we also need to know what it was in Sept 21.
Did nobody ask that question this morning? DG
suave_redevil

Post by suave_redevil »

Daogroupie wrote:The best indicator for lowest score to gain a place on 1st March 22 and then Sept 22 is what happened last year.

We know on 1st March it was 235, but we also need to know what it was in Sept 21.

Did nobody ask that question this morning? DG
We asked this question to the Headmaster this morning. He mentioned that the admission process for Sept 2021 entry is still ongoing and this data will not be available till Jan 2022 at the earliest.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

It does not need to be the very last DC to join the year before August 22.
I can't imagine that there would be more than 1 or 2 boys joining between now and January 22.
Just what the score is at the moment of the last boy to join the year group is not an unreasonable request.
Did they confirm that it was 235 on 1st March 2021? DG
Edited by moderator
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

We took the tour this morning. I did ask the question on the current score on the waiting list and I was told that this information will be available in January. I also asked the last score on 1st March last year and I was referred to the school website and whatever information is available there. So not much joy in getting this information out of them. One thing however was confirmed. I asked them if we should think anything about the school tour cut-off score jump and the answer was a laugh and a comment that parents really read too much into everything. We were told that the school would love to invite as many people as possible on the tours however due to Covid they had to limit the size of the group and number of people on premises and that is the only reason they increased the tour cut-off score. At least I am satisfied that we should not read too much into the tour cut off score jump from 220 to 229.
Last edited by jazbaati99 on Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAJ001

Post by TAJ001 »

Thanks for feedback
Much appreciated
puisker345

Post by puisker345 »

I honestly think that we've probably done all the analysing, reiterating, looking into, reading between the lines and a whole host of other detailed evaluation of all the data which we can get our hands on. At this point I think we just ought to sit back and destress as according to @jazbaati99 the school isn't going to be revealing any other data. Thus, trying to ensure that every decision the school has made has some definable principle guiding it and trying to second guess what the cut off is going to be won't really help anyone. Many, including DG, have pointed out that the lowest score in March 2021 to gain a place was 235, and beyond that whilst we can extrapolate and calculate all we want there isn't really going to be anything we can do.

Disclosure (in the interests of transparency) - puisker345 and jazbaati99 are related
fiate2000

Post by fiate2000 »

It is hard not to read anything into the 229 threshold for school visits. By own admission of the school, this score was used to limit places for visit.

Other posts indicated there are likely to be 30 family * 10 sessions. So, around 300 DS scored 229 or above. In the past, apprx. 33% DS did not put QE as #1 on CAF. 300 * 66% is 198 - not far off from the PAN of 180 (or 192). A coincidence?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now