HBS - no second round results?

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: HBS - no second round results?

Post by ToadMum »

https://www.hbschool.org.uk/userfiles/h ... 202021.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Criterion 3 actually states:

3. Candidates who live within 3 miles of the school at the point when they submit their application to the Local Authority in October, providing that the candidate is capable of following The Henrietta Barnett School education. In this category, a candidate will be considered to have the necessary capability if they sit the Round Two test. In the unlikely event that there are more candidates in this category than places available, then places will be allocated in rank score order.

So if the school intends to rank them on distance instead, it will have to implement a few it's admissions policy.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They do not require any score from round two so it would be the round one score.

It does say it would be distance if the scores were exactly the same. DG
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Daogroupie wrote:They do not require any score from round two so it would be the round one score.

DG
I don't think you can infer that from the quote in the admissions policy. I think if they were oversubscribed with catchment applicants they would rank them in the same way as they rank out of catchment applicants. But it would be helpful if the school clarified how 'rank score order' is derived, if it's not defined elsewhere in the policy already.
fiate2000

Post by fiate2000 »

Thank you scary mum, DG.

HBS second round result and discussions thread will be very boring then.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Last year they did not even bother to have a second round result.

Candidates heard nothing at all until March 1st allocation day. DG
Rao

Post by Rao »

ExamTime wrote:Thank you - is there a way of calculating the 3 miles distance definitively? My iphone reckons we’re 3.1 miles from HBS, which I guess puts us just outside catchment by about 100 metres - but how would Barnet calculate it do you reckon?

https://www.barnet.gov.uk/directories/schools" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; : This is a link to the local council website, where you can enter your postcode and see schools which are in 3 miles. Hope this helps!