QE suggestions

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
berks_mum14

QE suggestions

Post by berks_mum14 »

HI,
My son qualified for QE & we are planning to relocate nearby. We have a girl child as well. I gather HBS / DAO /Latymer are the choices for girls in this area. Any suggestions regarding schools/catchment areas which can accommodate the commute to QE as well as the girls schools.
Appreciate suggestions from experienced parents who have kids going to these schools
Thanks.
scary mum

Re: QE suggestions

Post by scary mum »

Some of the comments in this thread may help you.
Also consider local primary schools for your daughter and where she might go if she doesn't qualify for the schools you mention.
scary mum
sonu17

Post by sonu17 »

You could consider areas close to 'Finchley Central' or 'West Finchley' tube stations. They should be around 3 miles or less from HBS, which has a 'preference area' of 3 miles. Commute to QE involves taking the tube to High Barnet and then a short bus ride.

Latymer's catchment area is on their Admissions policy, and they clearly indicate the postcodes in consideration. You will surely find some overlap between Latymer and HBS, although I could be wrong there. You could relocate to High Barnet or New Barnet areas, commute to QE would be straightforward (walk or direct bus- 107/263/307/384) and some parts of New Barnet are definitely in Latymer catchment.

DAO I'm not sure though I can see that there is a bus route (626) from Finchley Central to DAO (via Finchley, New Barnet, Barnet, Potters Bar) so New Barnet looks like a good option overall, but it's definitely not in HBS catchment. If HBS is your main target then don't look too far away from Finchley. However, given the small number of seats available at HBS, any relocation decision based on HBS is surely very very brave.

Regarding non-selectives, QE Girls is just next to High Barnet station, served well by tube or bus links.
berks_mum14

Post by berks_mum14 »

Many thanks for the reply scary mum and Sonu
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now