St Michael’s results Oct 2021

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
_Estrella_

St Michael’s results Oct 2021

Post by _Estrella_ »

I know on the invitation to sit the exam it states that results will be issued w/c 18th October but I understand from looking at old posts on here, that the results usually arrive earlier than stated. If anyone hears of them being issued would you mind posting on here. The wait is excruciating!
St Michael’s is the only test DD sat so seeing results from other schools coming through has made me even more impatient. I’m not holding out too much hope as DD was not tutored like many of her friends. She’s very capable and has always been a ‘top table’ student but I don’t know if that and some DIY prep will have been enough. We will see… Would be great to hear from others who are also waiting it out for St Michael’s.
anna1111

Re: St Michael’s results Oct 2021

Post by anna1111 »

We are waiting for the results too. Fingers crossed for your daughter.

My daughter sat HBS too but unfortunately she was not in top 300. We don't know what went wrong on that day as she was doing so well in her mocks. She was very upset.

We are hoping for St. Michaels now. The problem is we have never heard much about the school, and, not being able to attend an open event, it makes very difficult to have an idea of the place.
Do you have any insight of St. Michael's?
_Estrella_

Post by _Estrella_ »

Hi Anna1111
I’m afraid I don’t have any first hand experience of St Michael’s, anything I do know has been learnt from old posts on this forum. From what I can gauge it seems like a very nurturing school, getting the best out of the girls without being overly pushy.
It’s obviously frustrating that there hasn’t been an open day. I also think the fact that their open days are usually held in the summer term probably helps to motivate the girls ahead of test day.
Did your DD miss out on HBS by much? With the number that sit St M’s being considerably lower and the Catholic criteria narrowing the field, she may well stand a good chance of making it through. I’m a bit concerned that my DD may have faltered on the English part of the test, it’s definitely not her strong point and the tasks were a bit of a surprise.
CestMoi

Post by CestMoi »

St M parent here. Just wanted to add that the school competition for entrance to St M is hard to gauge. Many children only apply here and take other non-selective Catholic secondary schools as their backup. Others sit Latymer etc. and often get a place at one other. For most, St Michael's was 1st choice.

It is a school that is quite different to HBS though so if you have your heart set on that type of school, maybe it won't work for you. The academics are important but not unduly so and the kids meet up frequently when they're a bit older which I think can be an issue in HBS as kids travel so far.

One thing I like is that parents are quite relaxed and it's very diverse in terms of ethnicity if not religion.

(Edited as it sounded like I was comparing the 2 schools on the last point when I wasn't).
Qeb2019

Post by Qeb2019 »

I’m nearly one of ST MC parents as my daughter got accepted to go sixth form. My daughter attended the induction day ( other school could not hold it due to covid) and she loved school, she is also catholic. The school is small and every internal was very friendly and welcome 30 other externals( some boys there as well). The head teacher came to the gate to greet and say good bye to the students and to me is good sign that my daughter would be in good hands. The area is very nice as it in Southgate. Wisdom on another post gave me some very useful and positive information about school and it is similar to Cestmois here. How every finally my daughter chose DAO instead just because she wanted to go to big school like her secondary one. She loves DAO even she has been there only 1 month and I think she would have loved St MC has she gone there. Good luck with results.
anna1111

Post by anna1111 »

Thank you all for your input.
My daughter missed HBS second round just for few points. She is clever and very keen to learn but to be honest I now doubt HBS would have been the right school for her. My son is at QE and I don't think that type of environment would have suited her.
_Estrella_

Post by _Estrella_ »

I wonder what day next week we’ll receive our letters, if anyone hears of anything please do post on here.
Also do any of you know how many girls sat the tests this year?
finaljourney

Post by finaljourney »

Has it or has it not? That's the question with regards to the results.
_Estrella_

Post by _Estrella_ »

I’m sure like me, there’s been lots of people watching the post this week for the St M’s results. I’ve just spoken to the lady in admissions and she’s informed me that the results will be emailed (not posted as they usually are) this week but she wasn’t able to say on which day this would be.

Good luck to all those waiting.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Thank you for this.

Good to know it is actually coming this week. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now