Filling CAF for QE

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
liang65

Filling CAF for QE

Post by liang65 »

I am currently filling the CAF for my boy, as QE does not have SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION FORM to fill, just want to understand the procedure of the admission a bit more:

1. Assuming applications list been passed to QE, how does school link the applicants with their rankings? Assuming by name and DOB?

2. Has there been any cases in the past that something went wrong and they failed to link the applicant with their scores/rankings?

Just want to make sure I don't make any mistakes on this final step.

Thanks
hermanmunster

Re: Filling CAF for QE

Post by hermanmunster »

I presume name / dob / address - remember a case in Warks where a DOB was wrongly recorded and no place was allocated on March 1st - very quickly sorted by the LEA

actually the list of applicants isn't sent to the school by the LEA - more the other way round, the school says "here is the list in order (if it is done on rank) of the pupils we can admit" and the LEA check to see if they have a) applied for a place b) haven't been offered somewhere higher up the list.

there is more about the incredibly complicated system here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... nce-system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
liang65

Post by liang65 »

hermanmunster wrote:I presume name / dob / address - remember a case in Warks where a DOB was wrongly recorded and no place was allocated on March 1st - very quickly sorted by the LEA

actually the list of applicants isn't sent to the school by the LEA - more the other way round, the school says "here is the list in order (if it is done on rank) of the pupils we can admit" and the LEA check to see if they have a) applied for a place b) haven't been offered somewhere higher up the list.

there is more about the incredibly complicated system here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... nce-system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for that, I am sure I put the name/DOB right on both places.... hopefully nothing goes wrong, theoretically the child can move home between "registering for QE entrance test" and "CAF application deadline"?

had a look of the link (poor Gavin :)), they should complete the page with some school like QE
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

liang65 wrote:
had a look of the link (poor Gavin :)), they should complete the page with some school like QE
Are you volunteering? :wink: :lol:
liang65

Post by liang65 »

hermanmunster wrote:
liang65 wrote:
Are you volunteering? :wink: :lol:
it should be pretty simple (extra columns, might need extra children as well), just remember to give poor Gavin a high score :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now