Post entrance test result suggestions for Henrietta Barnett

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jonesj6

Post entrance test result suggestions for Henrietta Barnett

Post by Jonesj6 »

Dear All,

My daughter wrote the entrance exam this year 2021 in Henrietta Barnett (HBS) and cleared 2 rounds and invited to apply.

In parallel to this, I am also with the genuine reason to relocate to Barnett council area as my company is transferring me to one of my office at Barnett area. This transfer plan has started in Aug 2021 itself as my current project is finishing and before we know the result from HBS. So its genuine situation.

Now, if I move the house to Barnett area before 31st Oct 2021 or by end of Nov, will the council consider to give the admission as per “3 miles catchment” category?

My daughter wrote the exams for local grammar schools as well where I live and secured the eligibility scores. Now, I am in the dilemma of moving the house to Barnet area and submit the CAF at Barnet council (or) leave it as is for few months and apply the CAF to the council where I live currently with priority 1 for HBS and see...

Irrespective of my daughter will get the admission at HBS, I am going to work at Barnet area from November by moving house or by driving to work at Barnet.

This is 100% genuine situation and came across to my way. Please suggest what would be the best to do.
Stroller

Re: Post entrance test result suggestions for Henrietta Barn

Post by Stroller »

Jonesj6 wrote: Now, if I move the house to Barnett area before 31st Oct 2021 or by end of Nov, will the council consider to give the admission as per “3 miles catchment” category?
The HBS admission policy says:
Candidates who live within 3 miles of the school at the point when they submit their application to the Local Authority in October, providing that the candidate is capable of following The Henrietta Barnett School education. In this category, a candidate will be considered to have the necessary capability if they sit the Round Two test.
Oversubscription section, point 3 https://www.hbschool.org.uk/userfiles/h ... 202021.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, it’s difficult to see how you could be living there two weeks from now. Even if you were, how would you be able to prove (even retrospectively) that you have severed ties with wherever you are sleeping tonight: council tax / energy bills / a different school for your daughter, roots in the local community, e.g, GP, etc.

If your scenario is genuine, phone the school and ask. It would be wrong of the school to ignore their policy though.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

Have a look at https://www.eadmissions.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (the combined portal to apply for a school place in London) and make an account there. Have a look at the application form. Some where filling the application with your current address, there is a list of conditions required for your address. If I am not mistaken I read there that if you own a house in the UK then the council will consider that as your application address irrespective of where you currently live. I tried searching it on Barnet website but couldn't find the home address criteria there but I am sure I read it while filling up the CAF. Another option will be to talk to or email the schools admission team in Barnet to get there advice for your situation.
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

I found the address information from the CAF

The address that we will use to process your child's application will be your child's permanent address on 31 October 2021 and and where an adult or adults with parental responsibility for the child live. It cannot be a relative's, child minder's or business address.

We will not use a temporary address if you still possess a property that was previously used as a home address; nor will we accept a temporary address if it is used solely or mainly to obtain a school place.

If you own a property, which is, or previously has been, used as a home address and you state that you are living at, and apply from a different address, we will consider the second address to be temporary. Therefore, we will use the address of the first property as the valid address for school admissions purposes

If you own or rent a property, and you buy or rent another property or live with family or friends temporarily, and state that this is your and your child’s home address, we will not use the second address for school admissions purposes.

If you move out of your home into temporary accommodation whilst it is being renovated, the home address will still be considered to be the child's permanent address. If you are renovating a property prior to moving in, we will not accept the new address until you have moved.

In order to verify your address we will check the Council Tax Reference number provided on your application form. You will also need to attach a scanned copy of one of the following documents to your application (or at least TWO documents if you cannot provide your Council Tax Reference number):

a recent (within 3 months) utility bill
tax credit documentation
your most recent rent, mortgage statement of tenancy agreement
a recent bank statement showing child benefit payments

If your address has changed within the last two years or if you move address after 31 October you will also need to provide proof of purchase (or rental) of the new property and disposal of the previous property. Please refer to the Secondary School Admissions Guide for further details.

If you are applying for consideration under an exceptional medical or social needs category, you will also need to attach your supporting evidence.

Providing false information is a criminal offence, any applications suspected of being fraudulent will be referred to London Borough of Barnet’s Corporate Anti-Fraud Team for investigation, if your application is proven to be fraudulent you may be prosecuted in addition to the school place being withdrawn.
Jonesj6

Post by Jonesj6 »

@Stroller @jazbaati99: thanks for your reply. I have read the Barnet council doc and can permanently move as live in rented property currently and can provide all the evidences council asks. Now, the Dilemma going on is after moving to Barnet area and in case, we couldn’t get HBS admission, are we loosing the rest of the school priority in the CAF and ending going to non grammar school? Our priority in the CAF would be as mentioned below. What is the success percentage of getting admission in HBS if I move there?

1. Henrietta Barnett, Golders Green.
2. Hershel Grammar School, Slough
3. Upton Grammar School, Slough
4. Kendrick Grammar School, Reading
5. High Wycombe Grammar school
6. We have to choose one non-grammar school
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Jonesj6 wrote:@Stroller @jazbaati99: thanks for your reply. I have read the Barnet council doc and can permanently move as live in rented property currently and can provide all the evidences council asks. Now, the Dilemma going on is after moving to Barnet area and in case, we couldn’t get HBS admission, are we loosing the rest of the school priority in the CAF and ending going to non grammar school? Our priority in the CAF would be as mentioned below. What is the success percentage of getting admission in HBS if I move there?

1. Henrietta Barnett, Golders Green.
2. Hershel Grammar School, Slough
3. Upton Grammar School, Slough
4. Kendrick Grammar School, Reading
5. High Wycombe Grammar school
6. We have to choose one non-grammar school
I think you will have to go through the allocation info for each of those schools based on perhaps the postcode of HBS and see whether you would have a chance
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

I only know about Kendrick and they have a catchment so moving out of catchment will eliminate any chance in that particular school. Not sure about the catchment requirements of other schools but if there is a catchment requirement, then you will reduce / eliminate the chance of your back up school. I guess only you can make that call. Can you move within 3 miles of HBS by end of this month?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

jazbaati99 wrote:I only know about Kendrick and they have a catchment so moving out of catchment will eliminate any chance in that particular school. Not sure about the catchment requirements of other schools but if there is a catchment requirement, then you will reduce / eliminate the chance of your back up school. I guess only you can make that call. Can you move within 3 miles of HBS by end of this month?
Kendrick state they take the address you were at on the 31st august prior to applying. I’m not sure how they’d look at a move out of catchment if the OP is currently in catchment. Even if currently in catchment, moving to Barnett would mean a terrible journey to kendrick. In addition, most of the girls live quite locally (even before the new P1/P2 catchment), so your DD would be far from friendship groups.

If not currently in catchment then it’s a waste of a CAF slot, no one outside catchment has ever got a place since catchemnt ws introduced for 2013 entry.

Jones where do you currently live? The combination of schools on your list means that wherever you are now or move to, that there are some schools you have no chance of getting.
Jonesj6

Post by Jonesj6 »

Living in Langley and only Slough schools are under catchment.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Jonesj6 wrote:Living in Langley and only Slough schools are under catchment.

Then there’s no point putting kendrick on your CAF. Your DD won’t get a place.

You also need to check the allocations distances for Bucks schools, as I’m not sure you’d get High Wycombe either (but a Bucks expert will be able to tell you better than I can).

Since you actually live in Langley now, is there a reason you don’t list Langley?