DAO music results have come out

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Desperation

DAO music results have come out

Post by Desperation »

Our DC scored between 15 and 20, which I guess it’s a no as 15 has been the highest ranking to get a music place. :(

We are a bit sad but waiting for Latymer now as our only option left.

Congratulations to all kids for having gone through it.
Desperation

Re: DAO music results have come out

Post by Desperation »

We have just received the letter from Latymer! DC has a place there based on exceptional music talent!!! So we are happy nevertheless!!! Pfiuuuu!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Excellent news. Delighted for you. DG
88keys

Post by 88keys »

Desperation wrote:We have just received the letter from Latymer! DC has a place there based on exceptional music talent!!! So we are happy nevertheless!!! Pfiuuuu!
@desperation:
Well done for Latymer! I bet that’s a relief.

Is there anyone with a child in or around N11 who has ranked in the top ten for a DAO music place? My daughter was very fortunate to be in the top ten, and It’d be lovely for her to meet someone locally as none of her school friends will be going there.
Thanks!
MrF

Post by MrF »

Hi, Does anyone know how it works with children that come in both the top 10 for music and the top 65 for eleven plus?

Do DAO take them as eleven plussers and give the vacated music slot to the next in the queue? Or do they take them under music and give the 11+ slot to the next in that queue?

Would be really good to know, thanks.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Yes I do.

dd1 got both and there is at least one this year.

Music is a higher criteria, so any student who gets both is allocated a music slot freeing their academic slot to be allocated to the next lowest rank on the academic list. DG
MrF

Post by MrF »

Thanks DG.

Now wondering how it works if you're in one of the waiting list positions (i.e. 10-15)? It mentions in the email that the lowest rank will get an offer by the end of the summer term. Why does it take until then if the offers go out in March then get accepted not long after that? And do you get notified as you move up the waiting list queue? Really not sure how it works.

The same goes for the 11+ waiting list places (66 up to 120 odd) I suppose?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Every applicant from both the music and academic second round has been allocated a unique rank.

This does not change, what will change is the waiting list rank.

Last year 5 music places were handed back between March and September, so the final rank for music places was 15. A movement of 5 places.

I know of the students ranked 1st and 8th in music this year and they will both be taking the places, so it will be down to what happens to the other 8 and what they will do which will drive the music waiting list.

Last year the academic places started at 85 and finished at 113, an increase of 28 places.

As the waiting lists move DAO will post updates on their website but will NOT inform parents of their new waiting list positions.

I am hoping that the ranks will reach the 120s this year as they always used to. The figure of 113 last year was a new low, the previous year it was 123.

DG
ale21279

Post by ale21279 »

At least one other in rank 1-10 is definitely accepting their place
88keys

Post by 88keys »

My daughter has a top 10 ranking for music and has put DAO down as first choice, in case it’s helpful for people wondering how far down it will go.