Re: St Michaels - Rankings

Post by Daogroupie »

Just one more to go.

What rank was she on?

Really hope a space comes through for her, very hard to be that close. DG
1503ace

Post by 1503ace »

Rank 161. I am not sure given how slowly the list has moved since March that it will move again!
_Estrella_

Post by _Estrella_ »

1503ace that’s amazing news! Did you contact admissions or did they contact you? You hear of people talking about movement at the end of August and first few days of term so hopefully you’ll have the news you’ve been waiting for soon.
1503ace

Post by 1503ace »

I contacted admissions. We shall see what happens, I have already bought uniform etc for another school and my DD is happy, so not sure how she would feel changing at this stage or even in September. Frustrating though as the list moved a lot further last year.
_Estrella_

Post by _Estrella_ »

It must be unsettling for you all. At least your DD is happy with the idea of going to her allocated school. Are any of her friends going? Are any going to St M’s? The closer it gets to the beginning of term the harder it becomes to take a place if offered. Like you say you’ve bought the uniform and also no doubt invested time in parents meetings and transition days, etc. I’m sure your DD will be happy and do well wherever she goes.
1503ace

Post by 1503ace »

DD doesn’t know anyone going to her allocated school but has lots of friends going to St Michaels. I really don’t see a place coming up at St Michaels now though, seems too late for someone to drop out now.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Sadly there are selfish parents who hold onto two spaces for the whole of the summer. I know of a set of twins who held onto 6 spaces as their mother stated they had earned them so it was their right.

This can only be done with one of them being a private school place.

DG
1503ace

Post by 1503ace »

Very frustrating to think some people are sitting on a state school place that they have no intention of accepting!
1503ace

Post by 1503ace »

No news as yet. I wonder what the chances are if someone not showing up on Friday!
nyr

Post by nyr »

It can take a few days after the start of term for all the waiting lists to start moving and to settle down again. Good luck to your DD and it's great that she's happy with the place she already has.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now