St Michaels - Rankings

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
_Estrella_

Re: St Michaels - Rankings

Post by _Estrella_ »

Oh that’s interesting. When was the last time you checked? Have you been checking for movement quite frequently? My SIL phoned admissions about 10 days ago. She’s only been checking monthly so maybe that’s meant she’s missed the moving back and forth, she’s only told me that her DD is moving up the list (albeit very slowly!). So frustrating seeing the ranks that made it through in the last few years, difficult to understand why this year is so different…. Sigh!

Are you pleased with DD’s allocated school? Is she on any other waiting lists?
1503ace

Post by 1503ace »

More people this year seem to be opting for state grammar over independent schools. The last time I checked my daughter was 6th on the waiting list. Not sure if this means she’s too far back now given it’s July.
1503ace

Post by 1503ace »

I am pleased to report that my DD is now 2nd on the list.
_Estrella_

Post by _Estrella_ »

Very close now, hopefully you’ll get a call soon. Do keep us updated.
1503ace

Post by 1503ace »

Fingers crossed we both get good news soon.
Thisgirlcan

Post by Thisgirlcan »

Hi 1503ace, it’s great that your DD is so close. Is she still in second spot? I have a good friend who’s DD is also on the waiting list, they had been hopeful they’d get a place but are now embracing their allocated school as the list is unlikely to move enough spaces for their DD to be successful. They’ve bought the new uniform and all. That’s difficult for you to do when you’re so close. Hope you have news before the summer holidays, then you can relax and enjoy the break!
1503ace

Post by 1503ace »

Are they happy with their allocated school? The list seems to have moved very slowly this year, so not expecting notification soon. If we do get a place, it may be next month and by that stage we will have purchased uniform etc.
Thisgirlcan

Post by Thisgirlcan »

They’re reasonably happy, it’s a mixed comp that’s doing well but I think they’d ideally prefer an all girls school. She’s a really bright girl who just had a bad day the day of the tests. She got greater depth in all of her SATS. Just one of those things I suppose. The list is unlikely to move enough for her to get a place so they’re moving on.
Almost more difficult for you when you’re so close, the wait must be excruciating. I’ll be keeping everything crossed for you and all those others waiting!
1503ace

Post by 1503ace »

I’m sure she will do very well in her allocated school. She sounds bright and motivated.
1503ace

Post by 1503ace »

My DD is now waitlist position 1.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now