St Michaels - Rankings

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
_Estrella_

Re: St Michaels - Rankings

Post by _Estrella_ »

You can find your WL position by contacting the school office.
The St M’s threads on this board are always fairly quiet so it makes it difficult to gauge how this years movements compare. On 1/3/21 (so last year) they offered to 147 which is the same as this year and by 1/9/21 they’d offered to 175 so if this year moves in a similar way, your DD will be fine. I would think that they’ll likely be a decent amount of movement early on as spaces free up at HBS, DAO and Latymer. It would be interesting to know if anyone who has a St M’s place is likely to take a place at one of these other schools and has a decent chance of being offered a place.
1503ace

Post by 1503ace »

Yes, I contacted them this morning and my DD is now within the top 10 on the waiting list. It’ll be interesting to see how quickly the list moves now. I hope your niece is successful too!
1503ace

Post by 1503ace »

The list only seems to have moved 6 places since offer day on March 1st. That seems quite slow to me this year.
_Estrella_

Post by _Estrella_ »

I think you’re unlikely to see movement over the Easter holidays but hopefully things are moving behind the scenes and fingers crossed the waiting lists will see a big shift the week after next.
If anyone reading this has any knowledge of what the movement was like in the last few years, there’s lots of people who would appreciate your insight - my SIL and 1503ace just two of many.
1503ace

Post by 1503ace »

My DD has dropped down a place in the rankings. Not feeling very hopeful now.
1503ace

Post by 1503ace »

Has anyone heard of any recent movement on the waiting list? There appears to be very little movement, not sure as per previous years, how much movement can be expected between now and September
_Estrella_

Post by _Estrella_ »

1503ace is your daughter still on the waiting list? I know from my sister in law there’s been some recent movement. Keeping everything crossed that you’ve either already been offered a place or will very soon.
1503ace

Post by 1503ace »

Yes, she is but the list is moving much slower than previous years, so are not expecting her to be offered a place at this stage.
_Estrella_

Post by _Estrella_ »

The transition day earlier this week and Sunday’s welcome BBQ may mean there’s some more movement to come. You must be very close to the top of the list now so still in with a definite chance. Do keep us updated.
1503ace

Post by 1503ace »

I think she would be near the top if it had been last year or even the year before. However my DD keeps moving now the list as people seem to keep joining the waiting list. Last time so checked my DD had moved down by 3 places. This is why given her new ranking I have concluded that she will not be offered a place this year.