QE school leaver for University courses

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bull_r

QE school leaver for University courses

Post by bull_r »

I am always very curious about what students leave QE study in university.
I manage to get the data from Whatdotheyknow website where you can raise freedom of information request. I can not find the link now. The anonymous data is for the past 3 years, probably 2019-2021, with a total of 472 students.

I have done a quick analysis. There is a huge number of unique courses. There are multi-discipline course. e.g. politics and economics, history & French, economics and geography etc. Some personal judgement is made in order to classify them into limited big subjects.

Anyway, the following is the result for reference.

The unknown are either gap year or no information from the data.

Others include course such as Chiropractic, Education, Music, International Development, Sociology, Product Design and Manufacture, Liberal Arts, Comparative Literature, Marketing
, Music, Classics, Experimental Linguistics, Global Sustainable Development etc.
thisisnuts

Re: QE school leaver for University courses

Post by thisisnuts »

bull_r wrote:I am always very curious about what students leave QE study in university.
Why?

As the parent of a QE 6th former, the only thing that interests me is what my son wants to do.
bull_r

Post by bull_r »

There are some perceptions that "***" school is a "Maths" school or it is a "Language" school or "Science" school, or "Art" school. The entry data to university hopefully is helpful for parents to know a bit more about the type of students, and perhaps see how good the fit to their children in term of academic direction. Presumably, a student like to study art in university would prefer a group of classmates who would study art as well?

Anyway, the idea is to share publically available data, for people to make their own assessment.

Looks like QE is an "Economics" school :lol:
andybuck

Post by andybuck »

Looks like the whole aim is to pigeon hole the school as per own bias. Data will tell you whatever you want to hear.
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

bull_r wrote:Looks like QE is an "Economics" school :lol:
It does doesn't it? But it certainly didn't have that reputation when we were thinking about it for DS.

I understand that some parents examine these things in minute detail - but my point is that there's no way of knowing how things will be 5-7 years down the line.
In fact, there's no way of knowing what your own DS might want to do in 5-7 years time.

My DS isn't sure what he wants to do in 5-7 months time - when he needs to start choosing Uni's!!