St Albans High School Girls results out by email

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

St Albans High School Girls results out by email

Post by Daogroupie »

good luck everyone. DG

Forum rules & guidance:
Unless a moderator has given permission, please stop using 'shouty' capitals such as "ST ALBANS HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS RESULTS OUT BY EMAIL".

Thank you
Daogroupie

Re: St Albans High School Girls results out by email

Post by Daogroupie »

It was an accident clearly as it was not done on any other email.

I know that there are many forum members anxiously waiting for news so I was keen to make a quick post, but I am sorry for this mistake. DG
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

Daogroupie wrote:It was an accident clearly as it was not done on any other email.
It wouldn't even have merited a comment if it had been an isolated instance - but moderators have been editing the 'shouty' capitals for you:
    • Wed Jan 12, 2022 15:50 pm Edited post “ST PAUL'S GIRLS 2ND ROUND RESULTS OUT OVER EMAIL” written by
      » Daogroupie

Thu Jan 13, 2022 21:40 pm Edited post “ST PAULS BOYS 2ND ROUND WRITTEN ENG/MAT RESULTS OUT BY EMAIL” written by
      » Daogroupie

Fri Jan 14, 2022 15:01 pm Edited post “HABS GIRLS RESULTS OUT OVER EMAIL” written by
      » Daogroupie

Mon Jan 17, 2022 14:41 pm Edited post “ST ALBANS HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS RESULTS OUT BY EMAIL” written by
      » Daogroupie

I know that there are many forum members anxiously waiting for news so I was keen to make a quick post, but I am sorry for this mistake. DG
Thank you!
Hanzi2007

Post by Hanzi2007 »

I can’t understand why the ears of moderators are so sensitive over here that they can tolerate in important email messages in capitals? @Daogroupie has been helping many parents like us for more then a decade now. Dear moderator, you could send her a private message if it was a very serious issue instead of trying to demoralise her. It’s very disappointing to see this forum becoming the hub of discouragement for those who try to help parents. Please have a heart and be nice to others too who want to help . Thank you.
Hanzi2007

Post by Hanzi2007 »

I can’t understand why the ears of moderators are so sensitive over here that they can’t tolerate important email messages in capitals? @Daogroupie has been helping many parents like us for more then a decade now. Dear moderator, you could send her a private message if it was a very serious issue instead of trying to demoralise her. It’s very disappointing to see this forum becoming the hub of discouragement for those who try to help parents. Please have a heart and be nice to others too who want to help . Thank you.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Writing with Caps Lock on is taken to mean, in the world of internet posting, that the writer is shouting. Which in internet etiquette is regarded as rude.

This certainly isn't something thought up specifically by the 'delicate' mods on this forum. Honestly - see rule 6 here, for example:
https://www.skillsyouneed.com/write/cap ... tters.html
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx