QE cutoff for 2021 intake

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jazbaati99

Re: QE cutoff for 2021 intake

Post by jazbaati99 »

maddad2022 wrote:Any predictions for this years cutoff ? :D
Just to add my prediction, I would say the results this year will be similar to the results of last year. From historic data, the cut-off marks normally jump when the number of boys appearing in the test increases. Since the number of students this year is quite similar to last year, my assumption is that the cut off scores this year will match closely with the cut off of last year.
maddad2022

Post by maddad2022 »

@hermanmunster - I did guess you are joking. Agreed its hard to predict till 1st March.

@jazbaati99 - Thanks, thats sounds right.
QEdad

Post by QEdad »

jazbaati99 wrote:
Just to add my prediction, I would say the results this year will be similar to the results of last year. From historic data, the cut-off marks normally jump when the number of boys appearing in the test increases. Since the number of students this year is quite similar to last year, my assumption is that the cut off scores this year will match closely with the cut off of last year.
True thats my thought as well. Unless there are more pupils taking up private school seats this year which is what I believe most of the QE candidates also aim for based on my knowledge. I was told many treat QE as a mock for Private schools entrance :D So it depends on the performance in the private schools entrance as well :wink:
QEdad

Post by QEdad »

hermanmunster wrote:
It was meant as a joke - TBH none of us have a clue what the cutoff will be, there can be surprises in any year, last year went up a bit, maybe this year it will go down but we will have to wait until March 1st to find out. - but yes 231-236 more likely
ah! sorry thanks for clarifying. :D
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

QEdad wrote:
jazbaati99 wrote:
True thats my thought as well. Unless there are more pupils taking up private school seats this year which is what I believe most of the QE candidates also aim for based on my knowledge. I was told many treat QE as a mock for Private schools entrance :D So it depends on the performance in the private schools entrance as well :wink:
True that. It can work both ways. Due to the cost of living rise etc. parents may prefer QE over private. Although with the economy now open this may not be the case. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to all DC's who worked really hard for this exam.
nyr

Post by nyr »

QEdad wrote: True thats my thought as well. Unless there are more pupils taking up private school seats this year which is what I believe most of the QE candidates also aim for based on my knowledge. I was told many treat QE as a mock for Private schools entrance :D So it depends on the performance in the private schools entrance as well :wink:
Unless they're aiming for some sort of financial assistance, it could be working the other way round, with parents using private schools as a safety net, in case the boy is borderline for QE. Certainly there has been an element of that in our experience of QE, Habs and MTS parents.
maddad2022

Post by maddad2022 »

Copied from another post by @Daogroupie - https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... &start=160" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3 weeks to go until we know the last score to be offered a place on 1st March this year.

I am going to predict that it will be 236/237 which would be one or two marks higher than last year when it was 235 but right at the end of 235 as 234 in Potter Bar was 4th on the waiting list and was offered a place just a few weeks later.

DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now