QE cutoff for 2021 intake

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hermanmunster

Re: QE cutoff for 2021 intake

Post by hermanmunster »

Hopefully come March 1st you will get some idea of whether you have a place or whereabouts on the waiting list your son is placed. Are you able to travel to the second and third place schools if you haven't moved by September?
QEdad

Post by QEdad »

hermanmunster wrote:Hopefully come March 1st you will get some idea of whether you have a place or whereabouts on the waiting list your son is placed. Are you able to travel to the second and third place schools if you haven't moved by September?
Thanks yes hope so. Will I know the waiting list number on 1st March itself? 2/3 pref schools are not commutable on a daily basis. have to relocate :-(
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

QEdad wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:Hopefully come March 1st you will get some idea of whether you have a place or whereabouts on the waiting list your son is placed. Are you able to travel to the second and third place schools if you haven't moved by September?
Thanks yes hope so. Will I know the waiting list number on 1st March itself? 2/3 pref schools are not commutable on a daily basis. have to relocate :-(
Looks from last year as though the waiting list positions were issued by e-mail on the day after the allocations.
maddad2022

Post by maddad2022 »

The query on whatdotheyknow has received a reply now -

In answer to your enquiry, we can report that the lowest score offered a
place on 1/3/21 was 235 and the lowest score to finally secure admission
into Year 7 in 2021/22, via the waiting list, was 232.
QEdad

Post by QEdad »

maddad2022 wrote:The query on whatdotheyknow has received a reply now -

In answer to your enquiry, we can report that the lowest score offered a
place on 1/3/21 was 235 and the lowest score to finally secure admission
into Year 7 in 2021/22, via the waiting list, was 232.
Cheers Maddad2022. I was expecting this to be a bit lower than 232.

Is there a possibility that a score lower than 232 was offered a seat but was declined as a child would have already accepted another school as it might be too close to Sep?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

But then they surely would have offered someone else that place, presumably on the same score? Someone would take the place, children have been known to change schools at the very last minute.
From the wording, it could have covered the period up to the end of the first term.
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

QE admits from the waiting list up to December 31st (the minimum required by the Admissions Code). After that,in year applicants have to sit a further entrance test, if another space becomes available.
https://www.qebarnet.co.uk/admissions-i ... n-parents/
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

QEdad wrote:
Is there a possibility that a score lower than 232 was offered a seat but was declined as a child would have already accepted another school as it might be too close to Sep?
A 232 rejected his place at the very end of August.

I'm pretty sure the school succeeds in filling ALL places. So I'm afraid the lowest score to receive an offer last term was 232!
QEdad

Post by QEdad »

scary mum wrote:But then they surely would have offered someone else that place, presumably on the same score? Someone would take the place, children have been known to change schools at the very last minute.
From the wording, it could have covered the period up to the end of the first term.
Yes makes sense..cheers
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

Just to add, there may be some 232's who didn't get an offer due to the distance from the school. The only thing I can conclude is that all 236's got in on the offer day (some 235's) and all 233's got admission via waiting list (some 232's).