QE BOYS exam dates just came through 21st/22nd Sept 22

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

QE BOYS exam dates just came through 21st/22nd Sept 22

Post by Daogroupie »

Very very impressive. Applications only closed three hours ago.
DG
Daogroupie

Re: QE BOYS exam dates just came through 21st/22nd Sept 22

Post by Daogroupie »

They have already worked out that they only need two days so perhaps there has been no change or a slight reduction in applicants compared to the 3044 from last year. Final time allocations for candidates not yet available but the two dates are confirmed. DG
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Daogroupie wrote:They have already worked out that they only need two days so perhaps there has been no change or a slight reduction in applicants compared to the 3044 from last year. Final time allocations for candidates not yet available but the two dates are confirmed. DG
Last year, they were still applying social distancing rules in the classrooms for exams, so needed more days to fit everyone in.

Pre Covid, they used to handle 2500+ in one day (and 300-400 more on the backup day), so the fact they've gone for 2 full days from the beginning may well suggest higher numbers!
11plusninja

Post by 11plusninja »

Any recommendations of (decent) place to stay if allocated a 9ish slot ? Live 2 hours drive away
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

11plusninja wrote:Any recommendations of (decent) place to stay if allocated a 9ish slot ? Live 2 hours drive away
As part of my work in the last few years I used to have to travel similar distance to be ready to do all day inspections the next day - most frequently booked a premier inn and these always worked out fine, however I don't know what the ones in that area are like and how near they are to the school, what the parking is like - hopefully someone with more local knowledge will help

PS just realised it is 37 years since I worked at Barnet General :shock:
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Hilton, Premier Inn, Travelodge, Ibis - all on or near Elstree Way in Borehamwood (just off the A1)

From here, the 107 bus will take you directly to QE in 20-ish minutes in the morning.
Parking anywhere near QE will be a nightmare on exam day!!

Don't know if there are any small independent hotels nearer to the school
NS123

Post by NS123 »

We received our test date and its 830 am
My ds hates waking up early and also wont eat much in the morning.
Apart from leaving on time, anything else to keep in mind for the test day? I am worried abt the breakfast part also as he wont eat much that early and of course, toilet etc that early. Is there a way to change to afternoon slots?
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

11plusninja wrote:Any recommendations of (decent) place to stay if allocated a 9ish slot ? Live 2 hours drive away
Also do check airbnb options as well. In the past there were a few airbnb properties within walking distance of the school. The one we were interested in few years ago only had space for two so it didn't work out. There may be more options available.

Kind regards
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

deleted
Last edited by jazbaati99 on Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

NS123 wrote:We received our test date and its 830 am
My ds hates waking up early and also wont eat much in the morning.
Apart from leaving on time, anything else to keep in mind for the test day? I am worried abt the breakfast part also as he wont eat much that early and of course, toilet etc that early. Is there a way to change to afternoon slots?
It is difficult and I doubt whether they would change the slot for these reasons unless you let them know about special circumstances / requests at the time of applying. I am sure if alarms are set in the house and there is plenty of time he will be fine.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now