Latymer allocations 01 March 2022

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
finaljourney

Re: Latymer allocations 01 March 2022

Post by finaljourney »

Am very confused and worried...
So we are ranked 329 after Oc students were removed. When we called the school they said our wait-list is 329. But I've seen someone in the early 300's had been offered a place.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Daogroupie wrote:Please don't waste everyone's time by appealing if you do not have any grounds for it.

What is your rank?

There will be lots of places handed back in the next couple of days. DG
Not everyone is as familiar with process as you DG tbf.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

finaljourney wrote:Am very confused and worried...
So we are ranked 329 after Oc students were removed. When we called the school they said our wait-list is 329. But I've seen someone in the early 300's had been offered a place.
I am sure they got that wrong - best to wait a day or two then try again
Angelique

Post by Angelique »

Thank you everyone for all your help and advice :D

Finaljourney, as I understand it - lowest rank to be offered a place on 1st March was 302. After 15th March, any places available will be offered in rank order, presumably from rank 303 onwards. They won’t confirm waiting list positions until after 15th March, hopefully by 22nd they said.

Good luck to everyone :!:
underworld

Post by underworld »

My son was offered and we’ve accepted. He’s the only boy going from his primary school and is understandably a bit apprehensive. If anyone from Muswell Hill, Alexandra Palace, Crouch End, East Finchley/Finchley area might be happy to meet up in the next couple of months we’d be really keen. Maybe we could say hello on Tuesday? Please reach out if interested.
Super

Post by Super »

Congrats Underworld. I think it would be nice for the children to meet up over the next few months too. My dd is one of two attending from her primary and is also slightly apprehensive. I saw this info on a previous thread which may interest you:

‘You will be able to make contact with other parents via the school system. The online pre-registration system will get you set up with contact details and Upay for meals etc. It also allows you to enter preferences on travel and whether you want to be contacted by classmates' families living close to you. We met with local families and found a lift share that way. I think the class whatsapp groups began after the introductory class tour visit and they have been great. Before starting school we managed to get a few of the kids together in the park so they could practice their commute and it was nice for them to be able to walk into the form room and recognise a few faces.’
underworld

Post by underworld »

Thank you Super. That’s really reassuring to know.

In the past day or so I’ve learned of three local families with a child starting in September, which has made us all a lot happier about accepting.

We look forward to meeting lots of you on Tuesday.
Super

Post by Super »

Hi, does anyone have any feedback from today’s school visit? We were unable to attend. Has it reassured or swayed anyone’s decision regarding their offer?
Sweetdream3311

Post by Sweetdream3311 »

Daogroupie wrote:Original rank 580. offered a place today. DG
Wow, Congrats. did DC rank 580 before Jan 2022?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

No. This was the rank before the non catchment ranks were removed. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now