Latymer allocations 01 March 2022

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Angelique

Re: Latymer allocations 01 March 2022

Post by Angelique »

I don’t know what grounds for appeal would be tbh. They say you have to email for an appeal pack within 3 days, but not sure what to do with it - if anything at all. Does it help or hinder in anyway. Probably a stupid question. Sorry if it is :?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Please don't waste everyone's time by appealing if you do not have any grounds for it.

What is your rank?

There will be lots of places handed back in the next couple of days. DG
Angelique

Post by Angelique »

Thank you everyone for your help.

Ranking is in 320’s

Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone
Last edited by Angelique on Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super

Post by Super »

Judging by the waiting list for the last two years you have a pretty good chance of a place Angelique although you might have a long wait. Difficult to tell. Wish you all the best of luck too.

For those who have been offered a place there is the chance to visit the school next week.
Angelique

Post by Angelique »

For those who have been offered a place: what is the deadline for acceptance in the email from Latymer?

I was reading in last years thread that Latymer’s deadline for acceptance was 22nd. And LA deadline was 15th March.

This year, LA deadline is 15th March. Was wondering if Latymer’s own deadline was same or different this year. Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Angelique wrote:I don’t know what grounds for appeal would be tbh. They say you have to email for an appeal pack within 3 days, but not sure what to do with it - if anything at all. Does it help or hinder in anyway. Probably a stupid question. Sorry if it is :?
Angelique - the grounds for appeal are that the school should take one more child (ie yours) - this is based on either that they should normally have scored more and would have been offered a place (non-qualification) or you did not live near enough (oversubscription)

Have a read of our FAQ as lots of questions answered there https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Daogroupie wrote:Please don't waste everyone's time by appealing if you do not have any grounds for it.

What is your rank?

There will be lots of places handed back in the next couple of days. DG
At this stage many people do not know what the grounds are for appeal, the process is all new to them. They can at least explore the process and read up on it - please don't put them off at is a quite difficult time for many
RT123

Post by RT123 »

Angelique wrote:For those who have been offered a place: what is the deadline for acceptance in the email from Latymer?

I was reading in last years thread that Latymer’s deadline for acceptance was 22nd. And LA deadline was 15th March.

This year, LA deadline is 15th March. Was wondering if Latymer’s own deadline was same or different this year. Thanks
Hi Angelique, the deadline from Latymer themselves is also 15th March.
Stowic

Post by Stowic »

Angelique, you should accept the place you have been offered from your LA and you will continue to be on the waiting list for Latymer. I don't know what your grounds for appeal could be as it's on rankings unless you can show they haven't followed their own rules.

My daughter had a similar ranking last year and is now at Latymer but was only offered a place 10 days before term started. We were all set for her to go to her second choice. Good luck but don't expect much certainty for a while!
Super

Post by Super »

We have just accepted our offer! Rank 240 moved down to 130 after OOC removed in Jan. DD is very excited!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now