Dame Alice Owen allocations 01 March 2022

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daogroupie

Re: Dame Alice Owen allocations 01 March 2022

Post by Daogroupie »

I will post each time any of the DAO lists move.
I am afraid music is unlikely to move further.As it has moved 6 places it is likely, but not definite, that 6 of the original 10 have already given up their place leaving 4. I know 2 of those 4 and they have already accepted and will not be changing their mind so that leaves just 2.
It is possible that there are those with music places waiting for QE or HBS and those waiting lists are showing steady movement. But the pattern for the music places has usually been early movement and then no more movement.
This may not be the case this case as we are of course dealing with a different set of candidates. DG
Desperation

Post by Desperation »

Thanks DAO Groupie. I also know one more of those 4 that accepted.

One could maybe hope that one of those 6 also has a preference higher in QE or HABS and if waiting lists move more for those schools, that it can filter down to DAO.

Would also children who might be going to private schools hold the places until the last minute? They would have had to pay the deposit anyway, so I assume some might take their time to make this decision.

Thanks for the useful insights, as always x
MrF

Post by MrF »

With regards to music, the candidate placed 14th has accepted.

Hope that helps with the maths.
Nav27

Post by Nav27 »

Hi,
Hoping to learn from your experiences and knowledge around DAO waiting list..
Is that correct now both CI run has taken place?
Will we see further movements in waiting list for DAO?
So far minimum rank for academic place has only changed from 102 to 107

Thanks
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

After a very long wait of 35 days the Academic ranks just moved today 4 places to Rank 111.

Music one place to 17 and distance stayed the same on 459.17

There will not be any big movements now, it will just be the odd one here and there.

DG
dunda2010

Post by dunda2010 »

I have a friend whose child is number 8 on the waiting list at DAO currently, is there any chance of him getting in by September. My own son is in Y7 currently there and 2 children in his form left during the autumn term so it feels like her child has a chance but I don't want to give her false hope either...
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Two students in his form left before Xmas of Y7?That is amazing. Different reason or same reason?Were they replaced fairly quickly?
Rank 113 was offered into the first term last year so maybe it was one of those two places.
Do you know what their original rank was? It would have been lower than 120 as that rank is now in the top 5.
Original rank 112 is now sitting at first on the waiting list. All four ranks 108, 109, 110 and 111 all took the offer in the last round of allocations.
I know of 1st and 5th who will both take it. I think that most take it but that might change as time wears on.
They should remain cautiously hopeful but focus on their current offer.
DG
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

After a wait of 52 days just one mark away from Rank 111 who got their place on May 5th, the waiting list has moved just one more place to Rank 112 being offered a place this afternoon, just in time for the parent's evening tomorrow and probably because of it. This could well be the last movement as none of the other lists are moving, QE is still on 15. But perhaps there will be parents who do not turn up tomorrow and who will be chased and might actually have places they are holding onto but not intending to use.
DG
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The waiting list has moved one more place as Rank 5 on the waiting list is now rank 3. This is because of the new Y7's evening tonight at the school when DAO will have been contacting parents to confirm their attendance. So the DC who was 8 at the start of yesterday will now be 6.
DG
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Waiting List 3 (original rank 120) has now moved to Waiting List 2. Waiting List 1 could be anything from Rank 113 to Rank 119 as there are ranks missing from those who sat the exam as a mock or have chosen other schools. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now