DAO,HBS and Latymer

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
AMHILK1

DAO,HBS and Latymer

Post by AMHILK1 »

I'm back to this forum after 7 years.

Last time I was on this forum was when my son was getting ready for the 11 plus exams in 2015. I now have to go through all of it again.

Can people PM me how things have changed since then, For example; are the paper structures and format the same as 2015. I'm sure things have changed in the last 7 years.

I have been told that DAO now does GL papers,

Can you guys guide to which papers and books I should get for HBS, DAO and Latymer?

Many thanks in advance
scary mum

Re: DAO,HBS and Latymer

Post by scary mum »

It would be better for people to share on this thread rather than sending private messages so that everyone can benefit. Have you looked on the school websites? They usually say what sort of papers are used. Also this section may help you.
Maybe after going through this again you could hang around and advise those who follow on? It's helpful to everyone if people do that, so that we can all share information.
scary mum
AMHILK1

Post by AMHILK1 »

I didn't want to bother people, but I take your point about sharing.
I did stay for a while after my son passed his exams. I left because there were lots of negative comments about schools. Became a bit of a slinging match, if memory serves me right".
Thanks for your advice "scary mum"
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

DAO first. They use GL VR for their first round and take the top 325 scorers through to the second round. No change in second round. Standard format Maths and English with comprehension and creative writing written by the school.

Latymer. Sit all the papers at once but only GL Maths and VR paper is marked to score the top 650. Standard format English same as DAO is sat at same time but only marked for the top 650 written by the school.

HBS. GL VR/NVR and English MC for 1st round and take the top 300 scores through the second round which is same as DAO and also written by the school.

DG
AMHILK1

Post by AMHILK1 »

Thank you Daogroupie
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now