Submit school preference after results released ?

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11plusninja

Submit school preference after results released ?

Post by 11plusninja »

I've registered DS to sit both the 11+ test at QE and local grammar. Initially, I was under the impression that school preference had also to be submitted now, but this is not until start of Sept and deadline is end of Oct.

If results for both come out mid-Oct, then could I submit preferences after knowing the score, without impacting chances if I had done this before ? I know this is only delaying things, but just asking if this possible.
hermanmunster

Re: Submit school preference after results released ?

Post by hermanmunster »

11plusninja wrote:I've registered DS to sit both the 11+ test at QE and local grammar. Initially, I was under the impression that school preference had also to be submitted now, but this is not until start of Sept and deadline is end of Oct.

If results for both come out mid-Oct, then could I submit preferences after knowing the score, without impacting chances if I had done this before ? I know this is only delaying things, but just asking if this possible.
Most people whose children sit selective tests will not complete the CAF until they have the results in mid October. The closing date is 31st October and the CAF / preferences will not be reviewed by the LEA until after this date.

There is no advantage in submitting the CAF early - they are all treated equally so long as they are submitted by the end of October
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Are you asking if there is an advantage to be gained by submitting your CAF form with school choices early?
No, there isn't. All on time applications are tested the same & pupils ranked according to the admission criteria of the school (which will be on the school website).
scary mum
11plusninja

Post by 11plusninja »

Thanks for replies. I thought there would be no advantage if submitting before the results are released, but wasn’t sure what majority do. The only risk I thought was if you accidentally forgot to submit your preferences somehow (unlikely, yes I know)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

11plusninja wrote:Thanks for replies. I thought there would be no advantage if submitting before the results are released, but wasn’t sure what majority do. The only risk I thought was if you accidentally forgot to submit your preferences somehow (unlikely, yes I know)
big note on the fridge or alarm on phone will remind you - also it will be the main topic of conversation on here and probably at the school gates
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

11plusninja wrote:Thanks for replies. I thought there would be no advantage if submitting before the results are released, but wasn’t sure what majority do. The only risk I thought was if you accidentally forgot to submit your preferences somehow (unlikely, yes I know)
Believe me, plenty do manage it :roll:.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now