Question types in QE English paper

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11plusninja

Question types in QE English paper

Post by 11plusninja »

The GL practice paper for QE has reading comprehension, spelling and grammar questions. I take there must be other areas covered ... cloze, antonyms and synonyms ? Does anyone know ?
thisisnuts

Re: Question types in QE English paper

Post by thisisnuts »

11plusninja wrote:The GL practice paper for QE has reading comprehension, spelling and grammar questions.
That's what the QE exam has.
11plusninja wrote:I take there must be other areas covered ... cloze, antonyms and synonyms ?
A few of the comprehension Qs will cover synonyms (more so than antonyms)
Remember. it's a GL paper, not a CEM paper
11plusninja

Re: Question types in QE English paper

Post by 11plusninja »

thisisnuts wrote:
11plusninja wrote:The GL practice paper for QE has reading comprehension, spelling and grammar questions.
That's what the QE exam has.
11plusninja wrote:I take there must be other areas covered ... cloze, antonyms and synonyms ?
A few of the comprehension Qs will cover synonyms (more so than antonyms)
Remember. it's a GL paper, not a CEM paper
Thanks for confirming. By the way, Warwickshire has changed from CEM to GL just this year and judging by their familiarisation paper, the GL questions can also be in "CEM style" ...

https://api.warwickshire.gov.uk/documen ... 22935-2049" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

QE probably doesn't have question like Cloze because they have "GL English" paper whereas Warwickshire has the "GL Verbal Reasoning" paper and so will have questions like Two Odd Ones Out, Hidden Word, etc ...