I can't bear this waiting!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
wonderingmum

I can't bear this waiting!!!!

Post by wonderingmum »

Is anyone else feeling the stress of having to wait until the post to arrives next Tues?
Somehow, knowing that DD's Primary school will have been told which school she has been offered a place at makes it worse!
Gosh, I wish I could break into the Head's office and take a sneaky peek.....
Gercha

Post by Gercha »

I actually can't sleep, so am feeling really groggy and ratty during the day. My OH keeps saying "calm down, we'll know on Tuesday" but in my head I'm going through every combination of what to do if my ds doesn't get his preferred school.

I was like this two years ago when my eldest went to secondary school and I promised myself I wouldn't get so wound up and stressed again!!!!!
shuff

Re: I can't bear this waiting!!!!

Post by shuff »

wonderingmum wrote:Is anyone else feeling the stress of having to wait until the post to arrives next Tues?
Somehow, knowing that DD's Primary school will have been told which school she has been offered a place at makes it worse!
Gosh, I wish I could break into the Head's office and take a sneaky peek.....
Do the Primary schools know already? I know they used to be informed of the scores because of headteacher appeals, but now with just allocation I thought the letters came straight to us without them being notified. Does anyone know for sure?! The waiting is killing me too.
wonderingmum

Post by wonderingmum »

Hi Gercha,
Nice to know I'm not the only one!! My DH doesn't seem bothered by it all either....
The school we want DD to go to is near the boys school that we would like our son to go to (he's only in year 3 at the moment..so a while yet but would be best if they are both in school in the same town eventually!)
Seriously wishing we could've moved closer to the school as we are told that we are 'on the border' of the catchment area for the girls school and the oversubscription criteria comes down to distance....For the boys school we are about 3 miles too far away so are considering moving closer in a few years time....argghhhh it is all too much suspense!
wonderingmum

Post by wonderingmum »

Hi Shuff,
Well, I read it on another website...not sure if I am allowed to post a link to it on here or not? It is a parent's information website....
I'll post a link if I am allowed...am I allowed?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear wonderingmum

If you'd like to PM the link to me or one of the other moderators, we'll be happy to advise.

We do appreciate your asking.
Etienne
shuff

Post by shuff »

I see what you mean wonderingmum, well well! I thought the schools would be left out of that stage. I really hate the school knowing something I don't, especially as I work there!
wonderingmum

Post by wonderingmum »

I found an acceptable link to the info regarding secondary school admissions etc..the timetable of how everything is being processed etc
http://www.kenttrustweb.org.uk/communic ... e_2008.pdf

arghhhhh! I want to ask the Head teacher if she will give me a hint or something! (I prob. won't have the nerve, knowing me)
georgex

Post by georgex »

Have been counting down from 2 weeks ago. Can't wait to log on 7am Tuesday next week to get my e-mail. Fingers crossed, glad we had the results this year have a good idea of the School we should be offered.
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

I think you get the email from 4pm monday? :shock:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now