Not long to wait...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
meagain

Not long to wait...

Post by meagain »

Just thought I'd start a not long to wait thread for Dorset. Or am I the only one waiting?!!
Anyone know if we will receive email notification or will we have to wait for the post on Tuesday?
WFW1112

Post by WFW1112 »

I am not sure about e-mail notification(We didn't apply online), we will wait for the post on Tuesday.
MrsK40

Post by MrsK40 »

GOOD LUCK next week, my eldest son will be taking the test this November for the Bournemouth Grammar and his best friend took the test last November, so is waiting for the post next week. We are on holiday, so he is going to text us..... it's a tense time I guess, but whatever happens I'm sure everything will turn out alright in the end. You can only do your best I feel in these situations and then the outcome is not a reflection of the child's ability really, but a snapshot of who took the test on the day.! BEST WISHES X We are already starting to go through the roller coaster of emotions that this process involves... so we are very sympathetic.
paula

Post by paula »

Waiting here for Parkstone result. Trying to remain calm and positive - we are very forunate to have excellent plan B. DD only focused on plan A though. Starting to get very snappy with her younger sis. All I am thinking is I will be going through all this again in two years time!
Have decided to phone Admissions at Poole at noon on Tues if the postie has not arrived by then -I just need to know!
meagain

Post by meagain »

Yes, I'm getting a little anxious now. I think we'll do the same as last weekend and get out into the coutryside to take our minds off it. Fresh air works wonders. DD is quite confident although a little concerned about the maths (guessed 4/5 and left 1 entirely) but was apparently level 5A at Christmas so thinks if she is borderline then a report from the school would be good. Confident about the VR and English. Just depends how many 'super-brains' took the test this year. She knows it is really difficult to get a place but I'm allowing her a little confidence at the moment to help her through the next few days and then will remind her on Monday to prepare for the worst and hope for the best and that she will do well whichever school she goes to - which I know she will.
paula

Post by paula »

We are off to the cinema this weekend and maybe some retail therapy via Castlepoint! Anything to distract us!!
meagain

Post by meagain »

Good luck to you and your DD, Paula. Might see you at Castlepoint! Beware the grocery shopping though. I've just got mine and have been putting it away in the fridge - seems every item was 'best before 2nd March', 'use by 2nd March', '2nd March', '2nd March' aarrrhhh! Leave me alone!!!
paula

Post by paula »

Hopefully we will all be best AFTER March 2nd [/img]
Chablisfiend

Another anxious dorset parent!

Post by Chablisfiend »

Hi all - ive been a lurker for a while but thought I would say "hello" at this trying time!
I am too waiting for results from Dorset this week. My daughter was in a lucky position that she was able to sit for Bournemouth and Parkstone this year, reason being she was put a year ahead at school so should be in year 6 but is in year 7, so with a letter from her headmaster, she was able to sit for both schools. She found the Parkstone one much harder (the non verbal) and she didn't finish the exam! She came out of the exam ashen faced, but it gave her a taste of what it was going to be like as the following week she had the BSG one (although no NVR in this one!). She is more confident about Bournemouth one - but you just never know do you - it's all "on the day".
I shall be rushing home on Tuesday to see if the post has been!
Best wishes to you all.
paula

Post by paula »

Out of interest Chablisfiend if you get place at both, which school will you accept?
My DD thought the Parkstone NVR was awful -missed about 4 questions. VR tough but ok only missed 1.
Just want Tues over and done with.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now