Good Luck with School Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
melinda

Good Luck with School Results

Post by melinda »

With all this talk of catchment areas being abandoned and Tiffin problems I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to all who are waiting for news about school allocations on Monday/Tuesday in our area - it's been a long time coming..
I went through it last year and know how stressful it is when that letter arrives!! But at least it is the end of this awful process. Good luck to all.
huntlie

Post by huntlie »

Much appreciated, melinda.

It's ****, isn't it - and one gets more paranoid as the big day approaches.

Picture this one - supper with son + d in l + 2 other couples - subject comes up - one of the dads says 'Well we know (their daughter) hasn't made it to Wally girls for sure because of the data letter' - instantly several pairs of ears prick up..what data letter? - 'Oh, you know, the one where they say that they are telling you that her data has been shared with other selective schools... - that means she has not made her 1st choice and they are going down the list...'

On pretext of siding away the pots, I grab son's shirt & hiss 'Did you get one of those letters?' 'Yeah, course, months ago - but we ignored it cos it's just beaurocratic bull****.

A new one to me - but just shows how paranoid one can get! And she's only my granddaughter...
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

I can't believe all the feelings coming back as I think of how I felt this time last year. No one could imagine the number of times I looked at the e-admissions site on the day before results day, just in case they were there.

Last year results did go up for Sutton at about 6.30pm on the online site, despite not being due till 9am the next day.

I could do nothing on that day except think about results.

Good luck to all of those of you anxiously waiting for your children's results. Remember that if they are not exactly what you want, things have a habit of working out. :)
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Good Luck
Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Good luck to everyone for the Tiffin results! I hope we all (from this site) get in and get a reward for all our hard work!
Drastic Dad

Post by Drastic Dad »

Still waiting (

Image[/b]
LuluQueen

Post by LuluQueen »

:shock:

Is it true:
Quote huntlie:
one of the dads says 'Well we know (their daughter) hasn't made it to Wally girls for sure because of the data letter' - instantly several pairs of ears prick up..what data letter? - 'Oh, you know, the one where they say that they are telling you that her data has been shared with other selective schools... - that means she has not made her 1st choice and they are going down the list...'

Sorry if you have answered this before, just curious since DD's whole class received one of those letters...
vrm

Post by vrm »

The data letter is certainly a red herring! Everybody got one.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Good Luck from me too.

Thankfully we have a year off...

But to all those about to get their results... good luck.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
Nxx

Post by Nxx »

Good Morning All,

The very best of luck to all of you waiting today.
Hope you/your DC get the school of your choice.

It will be me playing this awful waiting game this time next year!
:)