Brentwood school/ Kegs chelmsford Dilemma

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sun

Brentwood school/ Kegs chelmsford Dilemma

Post by sun »

Would any one will please advise that my son has been offered places at both the above school, brentwood school with scholarship. Dilemma is which one to go for what are the pros and cons.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi sun, and welcome!

I have moved you to Essex because you will get a far better response to your question here. Hope you enjoyed the journey! :D

Sally-Anne (Moderator)
essex-mum18

Post by essex-mum18 »

Sun

Many congratulations!

You may find the following thread useful because there is another parent in a similar situation, which school to choose??

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=8749
moved

Post by moved »

I don't know how to point to another thread, but if you look at the "This weekend thread", latter half, you will have lots of thoughts to look at.
ShyDelia

Grammar v Brentwood School

Post by ShyDelia »

I am a regular reader but have never been driven to post before.

I have three boys; year 10 at Kegs, year 8 on a scholarship at Brentwood & my youngest has just been offered a place at Westcliff but sadly didn't get the scholarship were were hoping for at Brentwood. We feel so strongly that Brentwood is the best place for him that we have decided to pay for a place. Kegs does achieve well, as does Westcliff but the facilities and teaching in the private sector are simply much better. I can't blame the teachers they are paid better, have a great environment to work in and bad behaviour just won't be tolerated. I wish it weren't so, but it is. If anyone is lucky enough to have been offered a scholarship grab it with both hands.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now