RESULTS AVAILABLE!!

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sp

RESULTS AVAILABLE!!

Post by sp »

I live in E Sussex and applied online. Have already accessed and found we have been allocated a school not mentioned on our application form! The perils of living out of county!
Lancaster_Girls

Post by Lancaster_Girls »

Sorry to hear that!

Here in Lancashire the Education Authority "have had big problems" - their words - and no letters have gone out and no one can access online until at least the 7th of march!!

I was lucky enough to speak to a lady on the phone who was able to confirm my daughters alocated place at Lancaster Girl's Grammar School.
capers123

Re: RESULTS AVAILABLE!!

Post by capers123 »

sp wrote:I live in E Sussex and applied online. Have already accessed and found we have been allocated a school not mentioned on our application form! The perils of living out of county!
It doesn't always arise from being out of county. It can arise from not putting a realistic 'catch-all' option on the form (often your closest school) or not using all the preferences.

I've known parents only put two choices and leave two blank spaces, assuming that they'll have to be given one of their choices. When that doesn't happen, they end up at the bottom of the selection queue and only get looked at again after all the third and fourth preferences have been allocated.

It's not a prefect system, but the alternatives are either 'you go to the local school' or 'lottery'.

Make sure you ask for reconsideration, and consider an appeal if you have grounds. You can also appeal for schools not on your form.
Capers
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

Hi sp,we live in Lincolnshire & didn't get any of our choices either. We get to list three,& got offered a fourth that wasn't on our list !
I comiserate with you,good luck if you decide to appeal,we are xx
sp

Post by sp »

We are going to appeal as there is nothing to lose and we feel we need to complete the process for our own peace of mind. We do have an independent lined up but life would be a lot easier if we got a state school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now