Online Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
CatSmile

Online Results

Post by CatSmile »

Hi everyone - finally the waiting is over - did everybody manage to log on? I was trying from about 6.51 onwards and finally got the result at 7.04! That was the longest 15 minutes in history! :)

I let my DS do the honours and sat next to him to see the results - it was so rewarding to see how pleased he was when he realised he got his first choice!

Hope everyone gets through and the news is good!

Good luck and all the best

Catsmile
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Catsmile - congratulations!

It's always an additional worry living north of the borough as to what the distance factor will be. A couple of years ago the distance for Beths dropped dramatically (and we wouldn't have been eligible that year) and, of course, the distance for BG has dropped since they cut their intake so folks in our neck of the woods don't stand a chance unless they're in the top 180.

Enjoy the day!
bigrob

Post by bigrob »

Congrats Catsmile and your DS.

It was Beths wasn't it?

How far away are you?
CatSmile

Post by CatSmile »

Hiya - did't get a chance to log on yesterday afternoon/night! Thanks for the good wishes - yes he's off to Beths - and its great to see him so happy about it!

It was a huge relief for me too - we're in Belvedere (middle sort of) and it works out at about just over four miles away (road route). He'll catch the 601 from the village hopefully. We walk to his primary school in Bexleyheath in the mornings (45mins door to door!) because the 422 became too unreliable a couple of years ago. We always see the 601 on our way, so I'm guessing it must be pretty reliable. If so he'll probably get to beths before me & DD get to school! He'll hopefully find some friends in his year who use the same route. He's the only one from his school going to Beths - but he doesn't seem too bothered by that (I think he's done a lot of growing up since the 11+ an all that!). Most of his class are off to BS - but I'm sure they'll stay in touch.

thanks again to everyone

Catsmile
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

CatSmile - 601 will get him there about 20 past 8! I think at Beths they try to put boys in forms from the same area so that they quickly get to know people they are travelling with. Certainly on my eldest's first day the half dozen or so boys at the bus stop all turned out to be in the same class.

My second son started there in September and he was the only one from his primary school - bit apprehensive, understandably but quickly made friends.

It's a lovely school and I'm sure your son will be very happy there.
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

Hi Catsmile - glad your ds got into Beths.

My ds is going there too -but from a different direction - he will go by train, so it shouldn't take him too long.

I'm sure they will both make friends quickly - my ds can't wait to start there!
bigrob

Post by bigrob »

2childmum - glad your DS is looking forward to it.

My DS says he's not looking forward to going to Wilmington. Not because it is Wilmington, but because I was telling him how the older DS was in tears when he went to Beths with the amount of homework he got in year 7.

I think my DS wants to enjoy his last few months of little homework at primary school first.

n.b. older DS was also doing extra maths and english as well as the year 7 homework.
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

Hi - my son has one or two lots of homework most nights plus spellings to learn already - I'm hoping that, at least initially, it won't be too much worse. He is also planning to do some of it in the lunch hour, but i suspect he will want to do so many clubs he won't have time!
bigrob

Post by bigrob »

Mine is going to have to get in to a good routine straight away or there will be tantrums !!
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

From him or from you? :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now