Waiting lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Billie

Waiting lists

Post by Billie »

We are in Bromley and my DS's offer letter says that for us to go on the waiting list for the Judd they can't organise it - we have to contact either the school or Kent.
Does anyone know the procedure for out of county? Do I just write a letter to both Kent CC and the Judd saying we want to go on the waiting list?
sp

Post by sp »

I am in a similar situation in E Sussex. I spoke to Kent today who are sending me forms and info re waiting lists and appeals. She seemed rather surprised that I hadn't had them with letter but couldn't seem to get to grips with me being out of area! I will chase if mot received in a couple of days
molinos131

Post by molinos131 »

I must of spoken to the same girl, she seemed very confused when I said that I didn't get an appeal or waiting list form from my LEA and then said I would be notified by post - I shall be chasing them up.
Desperate Dan

Post by Desperate Dan »

If you do not get the paperwork you need, you can also get it directly from the school.
Billie

Post by Billie »

Thanks for that - I did ring Kent and wasn't convinced they knew their own preocedures - I was left on the line some time while the girl went to check. if I don't get a letter in next couple of days I will try the school.
SSM

Post by SSM »

I don't know how it works out of area, but in area it is all administered by the school.

We received the waiting list application form with the letter notifying us of the place, but the form has to be sent directly to the school and not the LEA.

So if I was you, I would contact the school directly and let them know that you wish to go onto their waiting list.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now