Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

watfordmum66

Appeals in hertfordshire for SW Consortium schools

Post by watfordmum66 »

does anybody have any advice

am thinking I will need it
WP

Post by WP »

Have a look at the county's Annual Statistical Report on appeals: these schools are on pages 11 and 12. (Rickmansworth and Queens' are missing for some reason.) As you'll see, relatively few appeals are successful. A few members here have gone through it, and can tell you what it's like.
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Thankyou WP

As always a swift reply . I will find out where we are on CI lists first but will consider carefully as IMO I would have no grounds except for he must have done really badly on the day.
tense

Post by tense »

Watfordmum66

I have sent you a PM. Hope it gets through.

T x
watdad

Post by watdad »

Feel free to PM if you want I appealed last year and feel I have a reasonable understanding of the system.

The best advice I can give you must do it so that you can at least say you tried but please do not get your hopes up it is extremely difficult to win in this area you basically need to prove the process was not applied correctly or that the process discriminate against your child.

Go over the appeals board you will get more advise there but be warned the usually arguments DO NOT WORK. If you get your hopes up then you are setting yourself up for more disappointment all over again. Mods on that board thought I had a very strong case last year and I still did not succeed but happy to share my experience if you wish.

What schools did you apply for and what did you get? – In hindsight are there any other schools you would now accept? – If so get in touch with the school and get on there waiting lists.

If your only grounds are poor performance on the day sorry that will not work you need to find something else.
Pinkboots

Post by Pinkboots »

Watfordmum66, Watdad is right - it may be a long shot appealing but you will then know you have tried everything. Where are you on CI lists? They may come through for you first.

What school did you get? I am hearing of many lovely children getting BH. :cry:
Pinkboots

Post by Pinkboots »

edit sorry posted twice
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now